Why do many Xbox owners/buys justify their purchase by saying "I'm not poor"

#51zephirrainesPosted 10/4/2013 4:29:44 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
zephirraines posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
why is everyone talking about who has the stronger launch line up?
they both are coming out with 5 exclusives that are actually games. Dead Rising looks like it's leading the pack for Xbox while PS4 has KZ SF as the head. They both have racing games PS4 has Knack and Xbox One has Ryse. and they both have smaller much more insignificant games coming out. i.e. fitness, Crimson Dragon, Warframe, and some War Thunder.

How can anyone claim one side has the better line-up? The best games that are coming out are the multi-plats...

Nice job ignoring the many other xbox games such as titanfall, quantum break, sunset overdrive, fable, halo. Truth is the ps4 launch window is pathetic and ponies praise infamous so much even though infamous 2 sold horribly.

not one of those games you mentioned is a launch game...

but if you want to talk about games after launch then sure. since you listed 5 games for Xbox One and 1 for PS4 I'll just add another 4 to that list to show that they both have exclusives. The Order 1886. The next Uncharted or whatever Naughty Dog does, The Last Guardian, and Outlast.

Talk about desperate. You list a game that was supposed to be on ps3 and a developer. See i listed real games. Come back when you have a clue what you are talking about.
#52DarkReign2022Posted 10/4/2013 4:29:48 PM
They do? I'm pretty sure the argument I've seen is The $100 difference between PS4 and XB1 isn't that big. Neither of them are smart buys if you're deep into debt, but if you can afford one, there's no reason you can't afford the other, so price ultimately shouldn't be a deciding factor in your console choice.

I'm not particularly well-to-do and have been struggling with my hours and hourly wage the last few months since I had to get a new job, but I'm managing to get an Xbox One anyway.
#53iBlackice25Posted 10/4/2013 4:39:10 PM
Its the same reasons why some iPhone users bash Android users by saying that they are poor. Its almost like a fashion statement. Either way, its ignorant.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
dustloop: Legion13
#54iamdanthamanPosted 10/4/2013 4:49:33 PM
It's not a justification, it's just refuting the claim by some that the PS4 is a better option purely because of price. I can afford either system, therefore, I am able to choose the system I prefer based on games and features, instead of being forced into a decision by a financial constraint, which, I understand, is an issue for some people, but not others.

I personally am waiting on both consoles since there is not a next gen exclusive game I can't live without, and I don't think either system is good enough to justify an upgrade over current gen systems. That may change once DICE releases Mirror's Edge 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront.
---
All your base are belong to us
#55TomoEK9Posted 10/4/2013 4:54:50 PM(edited)
iamdanthaman posted...
It's not a justification, it's just refuting the claim by some that the PS4 is a better option purely because of price. I can afford either system, therefore, I am able to choose the system I prefer based on games and features, instead of being forced into a decision by a financial constraint, which, I understand, is an issue for some people, but not others.

I personally am waiting on both consoles since there is not a next gen exclusive game I can't live without, and I don't think either system is good enough to justify an upgrade over current gen systems. That may change once DICE releases Mirror's Edge 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront.

Its not a financial constraint. You pay $100 dollars less for for the PS4 right off the bat, thats one game more you can purchase, thats two years of PS+. If you were going to spend that extra money regardless, why not get more from it?

The mistake here is that people think that when the price is criticized they think people are complaining about it too high. Of course people can afford it, thats not what the issue is, its the fact that there is a comparable console at a lower price.
#56AceVirusPosted 10/4/2013 4:58:51 PM
Because the only perk of the PS4 is its price...
---
Origin: Vibrators
#570TiamaT0Posted 10/4/2013 4:59:57 PM
I wouldn't mind paying the $100 if it went toward a valid function. All it seems to be for though, is the Kinect. If Microsoft thinks they can pawn off Kinect games as 'exclusive' in the face of games like Last of Us this gen, they are deluding themselves...
#58IsayUsayPosted 10/4/2013 5:05:59 PM
Stupidity, immaturity, insecurity, ignorance. A combination of all those factors.
#59MerorinQPosted 10/4/2013 5:12:30 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Here's a better question for you?
Why do you care how people of freewill spend their money?

This. This is always my answer for this kinda thing.
---
"Don't be such an A-hole Grammar Nazi, please...Not everyone in the gaming world comes from the same place as you do..."
#60NeoAndurilPosted 10/4/2013 5:43:56 PM
The insecurity of some of these xb1 supporters is astounding.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png