Microsofts Cloud vs. Sonys Gaikai

#1SavageTrooperPosted 10/4/2013 3:07:25 PM
Pretty cool read. I actually agree with everything said here. We will see how this pans out.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/168050-ps4-and-xbox-one-both-have-second-screen-functionality-but-does-it-matter
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 10/4/2013 3:14:20 PM
All MS would have to do is allow 360 controllers to interface with the Windows tablets, and pretty much all of the recent versions of windows have the drivers for the controller. There would just have to be a way to allow users to use the wireless controllers as well since the things already have USB. Perhaps have a built in wireless controller sync button.

If Sony makes a Windows 8 tablet you could theoretically get all the games...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3TPZmikezPosted 10/4/2013 3:50:36 PM
Misleading titles...
---
You down with O.P.P?
People that answered correctly: 43
#4nishanth12Posted 10/4/2013 11:37:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Cowboy082288Posted 10/5/2013 12:01:41 AM
TPZmikez posted...
Misleading titles...

indeed it is. The articles point is more about the different functions of software/hardware in conjunction with the consoles that leverage cloud tech. As for comparing MS Azure cloud service to Sonys Gaikai....... um these are leagues apart from each other. Azure is one of the market dominators competing with Amazon and Google, Gaikai has a niche functionality and I don't even know if you would regard it as the same sort of service as the other 3 I mentioned.

As to the article the TC linked, it was informative on what PS4 is going to be offering. Claiming the Vita to be differentiating factor though seems a bit of a stretch. Vita sales are in the tank, the system is selling VERY poorly. That being the case I can't imagine Sony will rely to heavily on it for functionality with the PS4. Also thought the article glossed over the fact that a lot of this 'cloud' service stuff with the PS4 is frankly a bit up catch up to what the 360 already has.

Also TC just to explain. Gaikai is a game streaming service. The other functions of PS4 are not going threw Gaikai.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#6mrshowtime333Posted 10/5/2013 4:44:01 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
TPZmikez posted...
Misleading titles...

indeed it is. The articles point is more about the different functions of software/hardware in conjunction with the consoles that leverage cloud tech. As for comparing MS Azure cloud service to Sonys Gaikai....... um these are leagues apart from each other. Azure is one of the market dominators competing with Amazon and Google, Gaikai has a niche functionality and I don't even know if you would regard it as the same sort of service as the other 3 I mentioned.

As to the article the TC linked, it was informative on what PS4 is going to be offering. Claiming the Vita to be differentiating factor though seems a bit of a stretch. Vita sales are in the tank, the system is selling VERY poorly. That being the case I can't imagine Sony will rely to heavily on it for functionality with the PS4. Also thought the article glossed over the fact that a lot of this 'cloud' service stuff with the PS4 is frankly a bit up catch up to what the 360 already has.

Also TC just to explain. Gaikai is a game streaming service. The other functions of PS4 are not going threw Gaikai.

Yea people really get confused with this. Its really pretty simple.... And a gigantic difference.

MS Azure - huge cloud server infrastructure. MS OWNS these servers.

Gaikai - A game streaming service. Gaikai, like Sony, RENTS servers to operate on.
#7motoraptorPosted 10/5/2013 5:47:33 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't care for BC? I don't have enough time for gaming that would make me want to play older titles instead of newer titles.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#8BoxTheMuppetPosted 10/5/2013 6:41:40 AM
motoraptor posted...
Am I the only one that doesn't care for BC? I don't have enough time for gaming that would make me want to play older titles instead of newer titles.

I'm with you but some people love the nostalgia of it.

It just sucks that I'm going to have to buy minecraft again.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!