Why do you prefer Xbox Live over PSN?

#1SouLeDxOuTxWPPosted 10/4/2013 9:09:30 PM
To quote what I said in another topic:

Well as an owner of both systems I'm gonna list the advantages of both services from my point of view:

Xbox Live-

cross game chat

voice messaging

larger profile section (really comes in handy for people who run clans and want to post info about them or if you just want to share more info about yourself)

can view the friendlist of friends (very handy when searching for similar like minded players)

player reviews

can change my gamertag anytime I want without losing achievements and game data

interface is just better overall imo

Playstation Network-

free of charge

PS+ gives you quite a few free games plus daily game updates

playstation home is a cool unique feature

apps are not behind a paywall

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and although PS+ is a great valuable service I still prefer all the options I get with XBL since it's service satisfies all "MY" gaming needs. It appears to me that XBL is more geared towards social interactivity whereas PSN is more for hardcore gamers who don't really care about all the other extra bells and whistles. A lot of people may view the things I have listed as being meaningless or unimportant, but I say more options is always a good thing. Even if they don't rank high on your priority list it's still good to know that it is there and you can use it at your leisure.
---
Member of nWo Wolfpac (WP) clan since 2006. We put on realistic simulation style matches on WWE games. GT-SouLeD OuT WP PSN- SouLedxOuTxWP.
#2SunDevil77Posted 10/4/2013 9:13:18 PM
I like the interface more. Both are great.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3leatheljPosted 10/4/2013 9:24:00 PM
Well imo I feel that xbl is just a better service the profiles the friends the interface. The avitars to me are way better I also perfer the online and games more then gears and halo exist on xbox even both of those are good games the gears of war books are really good plus all my friends use xbox 360 I do got a ps3 only play exclusives on it that's it.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#4FustmonkeyPosted 10/4/2013 9:33:05 PM
SouLeDxOuTxWP posted...
PSN is more for hardcore gamers who don't really care about all the other extra bells and whistles.

This doesn't make sense.

If you're a hardcore gamer who wants the best experience when playing games online, you would go with the better service, which is easily XBL.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#5sworderPosted 10/4/2013 9:38:10 PM
Fustmonkey posted...
If you're a hardcore gamer who wants the best experience when playing games online, you would go with the better service, which is easily XBL.

Outside of cross game chat, there is virtually no difference in online play
#6TheGam3925Posted 10/4/2013 9:38:58 PM
Becuz I'm not broke.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#7FustmonkeyPosted 10/4/2013 9:44:25 PM
sworder posted...
Fustmonkey posted...

Outside of cross game chat, there is virtually no difference in online play

It's not simply a matter of cross game chat. It's a party system. And that is huge. If you're hardcore into any online game, and you've played both consoles, you know how big that is.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#8Pixx0Posted 10/4/2013 11:47:43 PM
Sheeps... I mean "hardcore" gamers will buy what MS throw at them. Remember that? It was from that Spencer clown.
Since MS decided it was alright to pay to play online, people accepted it, and it lead to this. Enjoy your cashmachine while smart gamers will keep playing for free on other systems (not talking about the 4 here).
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#9ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/4/2013 11:52:50 PM
A lot of those XBL positive features will be present next gen for the PS4, TC. So I think it's a far closer match than most would like to admit.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#10mrpicPosted 10/5/2013 12:03:52 AM
better in every way PS fanboys on xbox one forum attempting to bash microsoft = i just hate playstation more and more each day as do so many others you morons are being counterproductive.