Why do you prefer Xbox Live over PSN?

#11ScaryLlamaPosted 10/5/2013 12:29:12 AM
mrpic posted...
better in every way PS fanboys on xbox one forum attempting to bash microsoft = i just hate playstation more and more each day as do so many others you morons are being counterproductive.

It's not an attempt if you're getting that mad. It's a roaring success. Try to calm down.
---
PSN: ScaryLlama
Steam: ScaryLlama
#12FustmonkeyPosted 10/5/2013 12:40:38 AM
Pixx0 posted...
Sheeps... I mean "hardcore" gamers will buy what MS throw at them. Remember that? It was from that Spencer clown.
Since MS decided it was alright to pay to play online, people accepted it, and it lead to this. Enjoy your cashmachine while smart gamers will keep playing for free on other systems (not talking about the 4 here).

Posts like this really make me feel like perhaps I'm too old to be posting at this place.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#13steelix55Posted 10/5/2013 1:15:12 AM
SouLeDxOuTxWP posted...
To quote what I said in another topic:

Well as an owner of both systems I'm gonna list the advantages of both services from my point of view:

Xbox Live-

cross game chat

voice messaging

larger profile section (really comes in handy for people who run clans and want to post info about them or if you just want to share more info about yourself)

can view the friendlist of friends (very handy when searching for similar like minded players)

player reviews

can change my gamertag anytime I want without losing achievements and game data

interface is just better overall imo

Playstation Network-

free of charge

PS+ gives you quite a few free games plus daily game updates

playstation home is a cool unique feature

apps are not behind a paywall

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and although PS+ is a great valuable service I still prefer all the options I get with XBL since it's service satisfies all "MY" gaming needs. It appears to me that XBL is more geared towards social interactivity whereas PSN is more for hardcore gamers who don't really care about all the other extra bells and whistles. A lot of people may view the things I have listed as being meaningless or unimportant, but I say more options is always a good thing. Even if they don't rank high on your priority list it's still good to know that it is there and you can use it at your leisure.

I agree with all of this as to why I love Xbox Live. PSN on PS3 was a disaster compared to Live, and is a big reason why I'll be buying an Xbox One at launch and waiting a couple of months to buy a PS4. I am not saying PSN on PS4 won't be significantly better, but I want to see it in action first. Xbox One has the controller I prefer, the online service I prefer, and the better launch games for me.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#14SouLeDxOuTxWP(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 1:54:07 AM
Fustmonkey posted...
SouLeDxOuTxWP posted...
PSN is more for hardcore gamers who don't really care about all the other extra bells and whistles.

This doesn't make sense.

If you're a hardcore gamer who wants the best experience when playing games online, you would go with the better service, which is easily XBL.

What I meant by that is people who are mostly just into gaming more so than being social.
---
Member of nWo Wolfpac (WP) clan since 2006. We put on realistic simulation style matches on WWE games. GT-SouLeD OuT WP PSN- SouLedxOuTxWP.
#15richboy900Posted 10/5/2013 2:04:08 AM
I still like live more but psn has improved over the years, the gap isn't as vast as it once was. Live is more stable, has less updates and slightly less lag.

Psn is like Kia, not many took it seriously in the early days, but now they really stepped up their game. Not saying I'd want to own a kia car though haha.

Paying for psn does put me off ps4 though, gotta be honest.
#16zinsindettaPosted 10/5/2013 5:31:39 AM
Because it is better.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#17FustmonkeyPosted 10/5/2013 6:00:23 AM
SouLeDxOuTxWP posted...
Fustmonkey posted...
SouLeDxOuTxWP posted...
PSN is more for hardcore gamers who don't really care about all the other extra bells and whistles.

This doesn't make sense.

If you're a hardcore gamer who wants the best experience when playing games online, you would go with the better service, which is easily XBL.

What I meant by that is people who are mostly just into gaming more so than being social.

It's not a matter of being social.

Is that what they think "cross game chat" is for?
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#18motoraptorPosted 10/5/2013 6:42:25 AM
Owning both consoles this gen (PS3 a few years before 360) XBL was without a doubt better. It's fair assumption that a software company with a proven track record knows what they're doing.

X1 is going to be my multiplayer, multimedia machine. PS4 will be off in the corner for exclusives.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#19TheMeanRockPosted 10/5/2013 7:44:52 AM
Right now the only real advantage is Party Chat (for me). Though it may seem small, it is a huge reason my friends and i play primarily on the 360...
---
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8199250304_01370f5a4e_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8337/8207044795_85d12224dd_z.jpg
#20supermoc10Posted 10/5/2013 8:10:08 AM
SouLeDxOuTxWP posted...
To quote what I said in another topic:

Well as an owner of both systems I'm gonna list the advantages of both services from my point of view:

Xbox Live-

cross game chat Console-related, not network-related. PS3 can't do it because of its RAM, not because of some PSN limitation.

voice messaging Agreed, this is awesome. I hope they add it to PS4 too, now that everyone gets a mic

larger profile section (really comes in handy for people who run clans and want to post info about them or if you just want to share more info about yourself) UI, not network

can view the friendlist of friends (very handy when searching for similar like minded players)UI, not network

player reviews Yeah this is pretty useful too

can change my gamertag anytime I want without losing achievements and game data Agreed

interface is just better overall imointerface has nothing to do with the network

Playstation Network-

free of charge Sad that won't be the case anymore but at least they'll have the resources to upgrade the network

PS+ gives you quite a few free games plus daily game updates PS+ is fantastic

playstation home is a cool unique feature Don't care much for Home. I'd rather get Avatars like on 360

apps are not behind a paywall Don't really care much for multimedia apps. Btw, is Gold required for YT on Xbox? I never tried the Xbox app.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and although PS+ is a great valuable service I still prefer all the options I get with XBL since it's service satisfies all "MY" gaming needs. It appears to me that XBL is more geared towards social interactivity whereas PSN is more for hardcore gamers who don't really care about all the other extra bells and whistles. A lot of people may view the things I have listed as being meaningless or unimportant, but I say more options is always a good thing. Even if they don't rank high on your priority list it's still good to know that it is there and you can use it at your leisure.

---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"