do u need the plug and play charge kit?

#1shads3055Posted 10/5/2013 2:23:40 AM
im getting xbox one. I know it comes with a controller. but why do I need plug and play charge kit for 30 dollars more does that work better then just the controller and charging it? im not understanding what the plug and play charge kit does or how its used.

is the controller like ps3 where u charge it ever few days. with its usb cable. please explain. thanks
#2saiyankakarotoPosted 10/5/2013 2:34:32 AM
because the controller that comes with the x1 is not rechargable it uses normal batteries,or at least thats what i think
#3ChrisZombieXPosted 10/5/2013 2:46:42 AM
No it also uses standard AA battery just like the Xbox 360 controller.
---
XBL: ZombleTheWomble
PSN: ChrisZombieX
#4blue_manPosted 10/5/2013 4:01:51 AM
It baffles me why this is the case though. Nintendo and Sony both have rechargeable batteries as standard. Using AA batteries for a controller can be expensive, so I'd have though rechargeable battery packs would have come standard.
#52ndAtomiskPosted 10/5/2013 4:27:04 AM
Didn't they say you can use a micro USB cable to plug it in? I remember reading that somewhere.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#6JourdanMPosted 10/5/2013 5:32:16 AM
Unfortunately, yeah you need it. The 60$ wireless controller doesn't come with a rechargeable battery. Not sure what MS was thinking aside from a quick cash grab.

I will be scooping this as it comes with two rechargeable batteries and the charger for basically the price of one play and charge kit.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/e3-2013-more-details-prices-on-nykos-xbox-one-and-ps4-peripherals
#7_Elite_Bushido_Posted 10/5/2013 5:37:39 AM
you can use a USB cord, it shuts off the wireless and it turns into a full wired controller.
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#8FustmonkeyPosted 10/5/2013 6:08:35 AM
blue_man posted...
It baffles me why this is the case though. Nintendo and Sony both have rechargeable batteries as standard. Using AA batteries for a controller can be expensive, so I'd have though rechargeable battery packs would have come standard.

Perhaps you would like that, but when I play wireless, I want to play wireless. When my controller dies, I want to swap out the battery, not be tethered down.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#9SunDevil77Posted 10/5/2013 6:36:03 AM
Buy a rechargeable set
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000IV2WAW?SubscriptionId=0K76CZ6RCX2Y05HSNPR2&tag=spp-top-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000IV2WAW&ascsubtag=batteries

^ You can use 'em for everything. Changed 'me life.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10blue_manPosted 10/5/2013 6:38:39 AM
Fustmonkey posted...
blue_man posted...

Perhaps you would like that, but when I play wireless, I want to play wireless. When my controller dies, I want to swap out the battery, not be tethered down.

I normally try to possess at least 2 controllers so in theory I could swap the controller if necessary (this would probably take just as long as replacing the batteries so this isn't an issue for me. I can see where you are coming from though, I just find AA batteries too expensive to replace.