Imagine%uFEFF people on the xbox one sending voice messages saying "xbox off".

#1JtrunksPosted 10/5/2013 6:57:23 AM(edited)
The ultimate troll.

EDIT: wat? what happened to my title lol?
---
On a quest to get one thread stickied :A:
sticky req plz
#2YeomanlyPosted 10/5/2013 7:00:10 AM
Only work if they can do a awesome impression of my voice, Kinect is very clever.
#3motoraptorPosted 10/5/2013 7:02:12 AM
X1 is going to have a confirmation for potentially destructive commands, that example in particular.

Straight from IGN's "Ask Microsoft Anything About Xbox One" article:

Will the Kinect sync to your voice? Let's say your friends want to mess with you by saying" Xbox Off." Will we be able to make it only respond to our voice?

WHITTEN: We are focused on ensuring that we have great voice support which includes understanding which person is speaking in the room. Additionally, for actions that are potentially destructive, we have a confirmation dialog which will be the case for “Xbox Off.”

---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#4Jtrunks(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 7:11:55 AM
Ok, so now they send a message:

"Xbox off..... Yes!"
---
On a quest to get one thread stickied :A:
sticky req plz
#5SilentS89Posted 10/5/2013 7:23:48 AM
Jtrunks posted...
Ok, so now they send a message:

"Xbox off..... Yes!"

Lol, yeah, it is kinda like physically turning off the power. Except people online can do it over the newly improved, clear and crisp, voice chat.
#6khardboredPosted 10/5/2013 8:01:53 AM
I highly, highly doubt this will be possible. Unless the person can mimic the main users voice and if the Xbox One will even accept commands coming from...itself.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#7FoppePosted 10/5/2013 8:28:06 AM
So we have to record everything while playing online, until we find somebody saying "Xbox Off".
Then hope that no sound effect/music/anybody else talking will change the audio part too much.
And then stalk the gamertag that said it so we can play back the audio file in the microphone, and hope that his system will accept it.

...sounds like too much work...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8chickabumpbumpPosted 10/5/2013 8:30:54 AM
No they wont be able to do this
#9CyberneticRatPosted 10/5/2013 8:52:45 AM
I thought the Kinect only listens to the person holding the controller?
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#10Bikes-Posted 10/5/2013 9:51:03 AM
motoraptor posted...
X1 is going to have a confirmation for potentially destructive commands, that example in particular.

Straight from IGN's "Ask Microsoft Anything About Xbox One" article:

Will the Kinect sync to your voice? Let's say your friends want to mess with you by saying" Xbox Off." Will we be able to make it only respond to our voice?

WHITTEN: We are focused on ensuring that we have great voice support which includes understanding which person is speaking in the room. Additionally, for actions that are potentially destructive, we have a confirmation dialog which will be the case for “Xbox Off.”

Time to master impersonating your friend's voices =P If MS is smart voice chat is disabled on the confirmation screen, but it would still be annoying switching to it constantly especially if you can trick them into saying yes right after you say xbox off.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265