Imagine%uFEFF people on the xbox one sending voice messages saying "xbox off".

#11catzrul2002Posted 10/5/2013 10:46:48 AM
Here is the theory ending answer!!!

If you say 'Xbox off' or 'Xbox off... yes' in a message to be sent to someone, you will turn off your own console.
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#12justdontaskPosted 10/5/2013 10:59:23 AM
catzrul2002 posted...

If you say 'Xbox off' or 'Xbox off... yes' in a message to be sent to someone, you will turn off your own console.

say "XBox off," move the mic away from your mouth, say "no" to not shut yours off, bring the mic back, say "yes," and the recipient would get trolled, if this actually works, though it probably wont.

however, what everyone is forgetting is that for people living with their girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband/parents, those people will also learn from hearing you say "xbox off, yes" that they can just yell from another room "xbox off, yes."

in other words, the confirmation box has to be a random word from a list of hundreds of words, to make sure that whoever is trying to turn it off is also in the room and can read the words on the tv. if the confirmation is just a simple "yes or no" then its far too easy for people to shut it off from another room, and piss off anyone playing it, thus preventing many people from getting the next MS console, or getting another when the one they have breaks from too much "on off on off" crap.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.
#13SilentS89Posted 10/5/2013 11:08:05 AM
catzrul2002 posted...

Acceptable losses.
#14Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/5/2013 11:17:42 AM
Jtrunks posted...
Imagine people on the xbox one sending voice messages saying "xbox off".
people can imagine the new Kinect is spying on them and listening to their voice messages, but can't imagine the new Kinect sees which person in the room is talking
#15Ironman06Posted 10/5/2013 2:29:31 PM
I really hope they've improved that tech. I know a few times on the current Kinect, Netflix has paused and stopped itself via voice command. From everything I've read though, the audio abilities of Kinect 2 are vastly improved. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
#16FoppePosted 10/5/2013 2:34:03 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
Jtrunks posted...
Imagine people on the xbox one sending voice messages saying "xbox off".
people can imagine the new Kinect is spying on them and listening to their voice messages, but can't imagine the new Kinect sees which person in the room is talking

It's because only NSA got access to 100% of the hardware.
Gamers only got access to 10% of Kinects power.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#17khardboredPosted 10/5/2013 2:47:26 PM
Didn't we read/hear something about only the active profile signed in can utilize this feature? So if I am signed in and playing, only my voice can shut it down? So my wife trying to troll me from the kitchen won't work.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.