If I preordered the Day One Edition, should I sell it the first day for profit?

#1Virtual_ConsolePosted 10/5/2013 12:11:35 PM
It may sound silly but I'm thinking of selling it for massive profit and just getting a later Xbox One when it's available. Should I do it?
---
MPH Name: CloudFF7
3221-9598-5287
#2RollnThunder213Posted 10/5/2013 12:25:59 PM
The indication is that there will be consoles available for walk in purchases, which means you won't be able to sell for much/any profit.

Just buy it, see what the price is. If you're not going to make any money then either keep it or return it. No risk if you can return it for full price within a month unopened or whatever.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3WestSdeNleVrusPosted 10/5/2013 12:30:44 PM
Keep the console itself if you want it, but just sell the stupid day one achievement instead. I bet you won't have a problem selling it to some fool for $100.
#4Virtual_Console(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 12:42:19 PM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Keep the console itself if you want it, but just sell the stupid day one achievement instead. I bet you won't have a problem selling it to some fool for $100.

Should I sell the Day One controller too?
---
MPH Name: CloudFF7
3221-9598-5287
#5stekim40Posted 10/5/2013 1:32:52 PM
If you can find someone daft enough to buy it, sure.. get rid.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#6BuzzB2317Posted 10/5/2013 3:25:49 PM
How would one go about selling the day one achievement? I assumed it would be a timed thing not a code packaged with it. Or have I missed confirmation otherwise.
---
Exp: commodore 64, mega drive, Saturn, dreamcast, game gear ps, ps2, ps3, Xbox, Xbox 360, gameboy, ds.
N I wish I still had them all.
#7SparkItUpPosted 10/5/2013 8:17:13 PM(edited)
Virtual_Console posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...

Should I sell the Day One controller too?

I would save the controller if I were you for about 3 or 4 years. That is going to be a collectible eventually as long as it is still in new condition. It would actually be worthwhile to buy a separate controller.

Personally I see the Day One console being worth upwards of 800-1000 in a matter of 5 years since it will be a very small fraction that will be new in box (between them only being launch consoles, being used, and then when you factor in any sort of malfunction rate, they will be extremely rare in a matter of 5 years.)
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#8Donuts_R_GoodPosted 10/5/2013 8:18:12 PM
BuzzB2317 posted...
How would one go about selling the day one achievement? I assumed it would be a timed thing not a code packaged with it. Or have I missed confirmation otherwise.

The day one editions have a code inside that unlocks the achievement when entered.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#9SparkItUpPosted 10/5/2013 8:18:25 PM
BuzzB2317 posted...

I believe they have already said it will be a code...don't quote me on that however.

I would not be surprised it be something that is activated when you connect online the first time.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...