Don't expect the XBOX One to sell well until it gets a price cut.

#1iKhan88Posted 10/5/2013 1:04:56 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491387

No console released after the Atari 2600 has sold well at a price greater than $450 adjusted for inflation. The PS1 was the most expensive successful console at $450 (some sources say $455, others say $445).

And the PS3 didn't start selling well until they cut the price down significantly.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up on the XB1. It will flop, just like the PS3 did, until it gets a price drop.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#2khardboredPosted 10/5/2013 1:22:56 PM
This is the Xbox brand. An established, hugely popular brand. I know the same can be said for the PS3 but think of the hundreds of thousands of little CoD kiddos that would go section 8 if mommy didn't buy it for them. I am confident that this will sell very well. 500 isn't hard to come by, especially since we've had 6 months to save up for it.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3RollnThunder213Posted 10/5/2013 1:28:10 PM
I don't really care how well it sells, more or less people buying it doesn't make me enjoy my console any more or any less.

Only immature fanboys cling to sales numbers to determine how good something is.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#4EastCoastKodyPosted 10/5/2013 1:30:50 PM
ps4 costs $510 w/ psn & a game
#5iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 1:38:25 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
ps4 costs $510 w/ psn & a game

That's not the cost people observe upfront.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#6AlexanaxelaPosted 10/5/2013 1:40:02 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
I don't really care how well it sells, more or less people buying it doesn't make me enjoy my console any more or any less.

uh wat? If only you were to buy the console, then you would not be able to enjoy it very much
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#7MrImpatient35Posted 10/5/2013 1:41:26 PM
I hope that X1 sells well, mainly because if it sells well, I'm sure it will get more support in the future, from game devs, etc.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#8ChaoticOne327Posted 10/5/2013 1:44:56 PM
Blah blah blah! People need to quit going on about sales numbers the 1 is sold out already.
---
Tell me I'm a Sinner well I got News for you! I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you -Ozzy
#9PorungaPosted 10/5/2013 1:45:02 PM

Only immature fanboys cling to sales numbers to determine how good something is.

One of the reasons why people cling to sales numbers so bad is because the number of sales directly impacts the support the system will receive. If a system sells poorly, the number of games and the level of support will be reduced. Look at the vita and the wii u. Sales are poor, support and 3rd party support is low. So you SHOULD be concerned if the xbo does not sell well.. because it will directly relate to your enjoyment of the system. No sales = no games.
#10slyman19Posted 10/5/2013 1:52:43 PM
Porunga posted...

One of the reasons why people cling to sales numbers so bad is because the number of sales directly impacts the support the system will receive. If a system sells poorly, the number of games and the level of support will be reduced. Look at the vita and the wii u. Sales are poor, support and 3rd party support is low. So you SHOULD be concerned if the xbo does not sell well.. because it will directly relate to your enjoyment of the system. No sales = no games.

Look at the original Xbox. Sales far below the PS2, yet it received tons of third-party support. The notion of poor sales equals poor support is idiotic when talking about Xbox as Xbox fans buy tons of games.