Don't expect the XBOX One to sell well until it gets a price cut.

#11sworderPosted 10/5/2013 1:55:49 PM
khardbored posted...
This is the Xbox brand. An established, hugely popular brand. I know the same can be said for the PS3 but think of the hundreds of thousands of little CoD kiddos that would go section 8 if mommy didn't buy it for them. I am confident that this will sell very well. 500 isn't hard to come by, especially since we've had 6 months to save up for it.

You realize the Playstation brand was MUCH bigger than the current Xbox brand after PS2, and that the Xbox brand back then was pretty irrelevant... and yet PS3 still flopped before price drops
#12khardboredPosted 10/5/2013 1:59:21 PM
It's a different era then it was then. And yeah, the PS3 coming from the PS2 was monstrous. I thought I put that in my post, guess I only thought it. Gaming is huge now. I know of a few ELDERLY people who are purchasing it (for themselves) because of all the none-gaming features it offers.

But yeah, my main argument against this topic is that gaming is a lot more mainstream now. I also think the teenage generation will do what is needed to get the money to buy the console as well.

Just my two pennies. I believe that I am right but am not so stubborn that I don't realize I could be very wrong as well.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#13RollnThunder213Posted 10/5/2013 2:10:34 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
RollnThunder213 posted...
I don't really care how well it sells, more or less people buying it doesn't make me enjoy my console any more or any less.

uh wat? If only you were to buy the console, then you would not be able to enjoy it very much

Really? We're going to go to such silly hypothetical situations as me being the only one to purchase a console?

The PS4 could sell 10million and the Xbox One 1million and I'll still enjoy Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, and Titanfall on the system.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#14gobuffalo30Posted 10/5/2013 2:19:44 PM(edited)
EastCoastKody posted...
ps4 costs $510 w/ psn & a game

In other words, you get more bang for your buck going with the PS4 at this point. And don't forget the fact that PS+ comes with free games and is only required if you wish to play MP.

Depends what you bought though. I ordered the PS4 bundle for less than $500 on Amazon.
#15chrisromans123Posted 10/5/2013 2:21:30 PM
khardbored posted...
This is the Xbox brand. An established, hugely popular brand. I know the same can be said for the PS3 but think of the hundreds of thousands of little CoD kiddos that would go section 8 if mommy didn't buy it for them. I am confident that this will sell very well. 500 isn't hard to come by, especially since we've had 6 months to save up for it.

The xbox brand isn't that big if look all over the world and not just NA.
---
XDAO Romans
#16RollnThunder213Posted 10/5/2013 2:23:03 PM
Porunga posted...
I don't really care how well it sells, more or less people buying it doesn't make me enjoy my console any more or any less.

Only immature fanboys cling to sales numbers to determine how good something is.

One of the reasons why people cling to sales numbers so bad is because the number of sales directly impacts the support the system will receive. If a system sells poorly, the number of games and the level of support will be reduced. Look at the vita and the wii u. Sales are poor, support and 3rd party support is low. So you SHOULD be concerned if the xbo does not sell well.. because it will directly relate to your enjoyment of the system. No sales = no games.

Handheld markets operate on a different set of rules than consoles typically.

Wii U is underpowered compared to its PS and Xbox counterparts so it doesn't receive 3rd party titles because of that, not because of low sales numbers. Wii sold more than both yet still didn't get more third party support.

Every main third party game is going to come to both the Xbox and Playstation regardless of sales. Their power difference is not some vast gap and developers aren't going to make a game exclusive to one console unless they (MS or Sony) pay for it (Titanfall for example).

A developer is not going to NOT bring their game to Xbox and ignore those sales just because it didn't sell as much as Playstation.
---
#17Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/5/2013 2:23:33 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
ps4 costs $510 w/ psn & a game

and xbox one will cost $620 with live and a game. your point?
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#18axelfooley2k5Posted 10/5/2013 2:55:06 PM

you will enjoy it a hell of a lot less if it sells bad and loses all support
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#19ManInGorillaSutPosted 10/5/2013 3:10:03 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...

---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#20RollnThunder213Posted 10/5/2013 3:25:10 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...

If you think the Xbox brand is going to crash and burn this November I have to just laugh. If it sells less than half I would be surprised.

But okay, believe what you want. I'm making my purchase independent of your crazy machinations.
---