Don't expect the XBOX One to sell well until it gets a price cut.

#21shawntew9935Posted 10/5/2013 4:27:40 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
ps4 costs $510 w/ psn & a game

In other words, you get more bang for your buck going with the PS4 at this point. And don't forget the fact that PS+ comes with free games and is only required if you wish to play MP.

Depends what you bought though. I ordered the PS4 bundle for less than $500 on Amazon.

Lol at thinking your gonna get free games for the ps4, you might get one, but its gonna be crap, if they released several free games a month like they have been, you would never have to buy a single game and still own all of them. They are not stupid.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#22khardboredPosted 10/5/2013 4:28:53 PM
He said "if". And he is right, however. If the Xbox One does sell terribly bad than developer support will dwindle. I don't believe that that is going to happen at all. The games are going to be fantastic, exclusives or otherwise. Unless there happens to be another major hardware fault like the RROD than I don't see any real issues.

I was a little put off by them upping the clock so close to launch, however. It smelled a bit like desperation to me. That in and of-itself doesn't bother me, overheating does. I plan to build a custom cooling inclosure for it though. I do it with all my consoles where the existing design allows.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#23gobuffalo30Posted 10/5/2013 5:50:59 PM
shawntew9935 posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
EastCoastKody posted...

In other words, you get more bang for your buck going with the PS4 at this point. And don't forget the fact that PS+ comes with free games and is only required if you wish to play MP.

Depends what you bought though. I ordered the PS4 bundle for less than $500 on Amazon.

Lol at thinking your gonna get free games for the ps4, you might get one, but its gonna be crap, if they released several free games a month like they have been, you would never have to buy a single game and still own all of them. They are not stupid.

So you think PS+ doesn't have value, but that's just your opinion and doesn't change the facts. I also believe Uncharted, Hitman Absolution were free recently too, which are big name titles and for the price I'd consider those decent games.
#24Hucast9Posted 10/5/2013 6:17:54 PM
iKhan88 posted...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491387

No console released after the Atari 2600 has sold well at a price greater than $450 adjusted for inflation. The PS1 was the most expensive successful console at $450 (some sources say $455, others say $445).

And the PS3 didn't start selling well until they cut the price down significantly.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up on the XB1. It will flop, just like the PS3 did, until it gets a price drop.

Flop is a pretty strong word. I don't thnk it'll flop, but it wont do great at first like you say. Here's what I think will happen: They'll try to squeeze as many $499s as possible for about 1 year, then they'll switch to $399 around the end of 2014.
#25LordcrabfoodPosted 10/5/2013 6:30:36 PM
Sales would have to be at an abysmal level for 3rd party support to be limited. This will not be the case, the X1 will sell and sell well despite all of the negativity surrounding the system.
#26Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/6/2013 12:08:41 AM
khardbored posted...
T hundreds of thousands of little CoD kiddos that would go section 8 if mommy didn't buy it for them.

I'm confused by what you mean "Section 8"

Section 8 is project housing, government funded housing. The lil kid will move to the hood if mommy doesn't buy it?

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#27Sin_Angelus_Posted 10/6/2013 12:30:18 AM
EastCoastKody posted...

X1 costs $500 with Kinect and a free game (with lauch consoles at least).
#28Cowboy082288Posted 10/6/2013 12:41:33 AM
iKhan88 posted...

No console released after the Atari 2600 has sold well at a price greater than $450 adjusted for inflation. The PS1 was the most expensive successful console at $450 (some sources say $455, others say $445).

And the PS3 didn't start selling well until they cut the price down significantly.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up on the XB1. It will flop, just like the PS3 did, until it gets a price drop.

You are either being intentionally dishonest or just did not read the article. Quote from the article:

"If we look back across the history of console launch prices in the U.S., it's clear that most consoles launching above $300 have struggled or outright failed in the marketplace."

Success of consoles in that article was looked at in full sales of entire life cycle, not first year sales and did not take price cuts into consideration. The price point of $450 was never even mention in the article. You made that part up yourself. According to this article both the PS4 and X1 are going against the norm for a successful console.

Here is the article that goes with the graph:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/177337/Sizing_up_Wii_Us_price_tag_against_history.php
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#29TeraPatrick2008Posted 10/6/2013 3:15:39 AM
Bullsh*t!
I'm not boycotting the Xbone because of it's price! - It's M$ and their behavior that makes me want them to rott in hell.
#30_Elite_Bushido_Posted 10/6/2013 4:59:57 AM
iKhan88 posted...

i expect myself to be playing it on Nov 22nd
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl