Whether this system sells well means nothing.

#11whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 4:51:57 PM
pigman2003 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
The less it sells the worse support it gets.
Just look at the WiiU.

That is not the reason the WiiU doesn't get support.

This is why I don't even want to respond to the "poor release number = no support" argument.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#12whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 4:54:39 PM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
I'm very curious to hear what your definition of "nothing" is....

This is a legit question.

The way I am using it I mean that the sales number don't determine if the system is good or bad.
---
#13Masterchief5525Posted 10/5/2013 5:23:15 PM
BkzIzu posted...
pigman2003 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Just look at the WiiU.

EA was supporting it in the beginning. After the terrible sales EA dropped the support.

It was definitely more than that.
#14slyman19Posted 10/5/2013 5:26:28 PM
BkzIzu posted...
Just look at the WiiU.

The reason the Wii U doesn`t get support is because Nintendo fans don`t buy third-party games.
The first Xbox had poor sales yet it had amazing support because Xbox fans buy a lot of games.
#15SirLemontPosted 10/5/2013 7:20:56 PM
BkzIzu posted...
pigman2003 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Just look at the WiiU.

EA was supporting it in the beginning. After the terrible sales EA dropped the support.

That's because the EA poorly ported titles. But the real reason EA dropped support is because Nintendo won't allow Origin on their network.
#16whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 7:31:24 AM
slyman19 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Just look at the WiiU.

The reason the Wii U doesn`t get support is because Nintendo fans don`t buy third-party games.
The first Xbox had poor sales yet it had amazing support because Xbox fans buy a lot of games.

QFT.

Sales simply don't equal support no matter how hard people want to pretend they do.
---
#17yiangaruuugaPosted 10/6/2013 7:44:39 AM(edited)
EA stopped Wii U support for numerous reasons, one of them being that the Wii U hardware is severely underspec for a "next-gen" console.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#18PorungaPosted 10/6/2013 8:01:29 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/07/09/third-party-publishers-are-worried-about-wii-u-sales-figures/

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
#19Bikes-Posted 10/6/2013 8:23:01 AM(edited)
whitelytning posted...
slyman19 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Just look at the WiiU.

QFT.

Sales simply don't equal support no matter how hard people want to pretend they do.

People buying games=sales, you're contradicting the quote. Overall software sales are what matter but having a larger installed user base makes it easier to reach software sales.

yiangaruuuga posted...
EA stopped Wii U support for numerous reasons, one of them being that the Wii U hardware is severely underspec for a "next-gen" console.

Which is why they have no issue pushing smartphones. People need to stop deluding themselves, publishers will follow what ever system can make them money.

---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#20djrudenPosted 10/6/2013 8:09:50 AM
Games make the system. If the system doesn't sell well then the support for new games in the future diminishes. Lack of sales could also lead to lack of long term support from Microsoft. Look how well the Zune faired.