MS should just give up on Kinect

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/5/2013 3:54:28 PM
MS should just give up on Kinect - Results (278 votes)
Yes. Please. For the Love of Gods.
71.22% (198 votes)
No. I like the concept and it's fun.
14.39% (40 votes)
Maybe..Let's see what the new Kinect is about first..
14.39% (40 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Kinect Poll
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#2MrImpatient35Posted 10/5/2013 4:01:19 PM
I know it's an unpopular answer, but I wanna wait and see how it's used before I'd like MS to call it quits. I especially wanna see how it's used in horror games, since it can detect your heart beat.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#3TheGam3925Posted 10/5/2013 4:11:40 PM
I'm an athiest. I don't believe in god(s).
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#4BruceLee1974Posted 10/5/2013 6:07:49 PM
Of course THEY SHOULD but they WON'T. The only way they will is if the PS4 destroys Xbox in sales. In a few countries going off preorders it's looking that way, I guess we will see if 6 months or so.
#5LordcrabfoodPosted 10/5/2013 6:19:07 PM(edited)
The only answer is to wait and see, until we have a solid indication of what it can do and how well it does it, it is idiocy to say anything else.
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/5/2013 6:19:37 PM
anyone ever play hole in the wall? it was actually more agonizing then the show...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#7kingofjamaicaPosted 10/5/2013 6:21:06 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
The only answer is to wait and see, until we have a solid indication of what it can do and how well it does it, it is idiocy to say anything else.

Software interpreting your actions to determine what you might have meant to do will NEVER be as quick or as accurate as one-to-one button mappings.

Second screen stuff makes sense in that regard at least, but forces the player to look away from the screen to do something, which is also not a good idea.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#8LordcrabfoodPosted 10/5/2013 6:25:18 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

Software interpreting your actions to determine what you might have meant to do will NEVER be as quick or as accurate as one-to-one button mappings.

Second screen stuff makes sense in that regard at least, but forces the player to look away from the screen to do something, which is also not a good idea.

As I stated until I am hands on with the device I will not make any assumptions. I like to form my own opinions through my own personal experience, not base it off what some reviewer or tool on the net says,( not referring to you).
#9beerhammer1Posted 10/5/2013 6:48:29 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I know it's an unpopular answer, but I wanna wait and see how it's used before I'd like MS to call it quits. I especially wanna see how it's used in horror games, since it can detect your heart beat.

problem is, I haven't been "frightened" by a horror game in so long I can't even remember.
#10ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/5/2013 6:58:46 PM
They don't have to give up on it, just for God's sake, don't make it a forced ****ing bundle. It's that simple.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.