MS should just give up on Kinect

#11elchris79Posted 10/5/2013 8:00:39 PM
I'm buying both consoles, but being realistic the kinect is the only thing MS has that can dominate the PS4. If it proves useful/intuitive/popular/the next evolution of gaming I welcome it. Problem is, what multiplat game will bother with it if standard controls are more popular?
#12SparkItUpPosted 10/5/2013 8:11:25 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
They don't have to give up on it, just for God's sake, don't make it a forced ****ing bundle. It's that simple.

^ this so much. That right there is the biggest problem I have with the damn thing. I don't want it and won't use it...so I shouldn't have to pay for it.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#13ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/5/2013 8:17:40 PM
elchris79 posted...
Problem is, what multiplat game will bother with it if standard controls are more popular?

That's generally why I have a problem with it. It's going to be just a supplement to the controller, unless if it's a niche game like dance games. AAA titles will always use the controller for practically all major actions. At this point, it's just a matter of how much value each person holds those supplemental game actions to be. I personally know I won't find those actions to be worth the extra money that goes into the forced bundle.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#14pigboyPosted 10/5/2013 8:27:17 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Kinect Poll

Totally!! If MS can do a 180 for their DRM used game & Online & Kinect connection requirements for the Xbone 1, they should be able to ditch the Kinect and sell a Xbone 1 model for $299 or something!

I guarantee the Xbone 1 will sell hack a lot more without the Kinect being forced into the gamers throat.
#15LordcrabfoodPosted 10/5/2013 8:43:42 PM
pigboy posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Kinect Poll

Totally!! If MS can do a 180 for their DRM used game & Online & Kinect connection requirements for the Xbone 1, they should be able to ditch the Kinect and sell a Xbone 1 model for $299 or something!

I guarantee the Xbone 1 will sell hack a lot more without the Kinect being forced into the gamers throat.

You are probably right but MS obviously has a strong vision for Kinect, a lot stronger vision then their other controversial policies. If the X1 tanks in sales then I have little doubt there will be a X1 model available without Kinect but lets see what this new version of Kinect can do first.
#16xxBloodBathxxPosted 10/5/2013 8:46:02 PM
People hate change. Gamers are no different. Every innovation, in any field, will be initially disliked until it proves itself. Look at the DS. Look at Steam. Look at basically any invention in any field in the history of mankind.

The problem with Kinect is that it has not yet proven itself. I don't think that the rational thing to do is to completely write it off, but I think that Kinect 2.0 at least deserves a chance.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#17kingofjamaicaPosted 10/5/2013 10:38:08 PM
xxBloodBathxx posted...
People hate change. Gamers are no different. Every innovation, in any field, will be initially disliked until it proves itself. Look at the DS. Look at Steam. Look at basically any invention in any field in the history of mankind.

The problem with Kinect is that it has not yet proven itself. I don't think that the rational thing to do is to completely write it off, but I think that Kinect 2.0 at least deserves a chance.

Like I said, a camera recording your gestures, then interpreting them and trying to decide which pre-programmed action you were trying to perform, will never be as accurate or as responsive as pressing a button.

That requires no time with the system, as it's just plain fact, not to mention common ******* sense.

Now, the voice commands might be great, but that's something any $20 webcam can do, so why the **** do people have to pay $100 extra for that?
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#18googlerPosted 10/5/2013 10:51:28 PM
I would ONLY want it if illumiroom was possible. Aside from that, no ****Ing way
#19LordcrabfoodPosted 10/5/2013 11:08:13 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
xxBloodBathxx posted...

Like I said, a camera recording your gestures, then interpreting them and trying to decide which pre-programmed action you were trying to perform, will never be as accurate or as responsive as pressing a button.

That requires no time with the system, as it's just plain fact, not to mention common ******* sense.

Now, the voice commands might be great, but that's something any $20 webcam can do, so why the **** do people have to pay $100 extra for that?

Well D4 utilises Kinect, so as far as I am concerned that will be worth it alone. Everything I have read about D4 sounds great.
#20robomagonPosted 10/6/2013 12:54:37 AM
Even if it worked 100% flawlessly, it's just not something I ever want to use for anything other than dance games. And I'm not even a big fan of those.