MS should just give up on Kinect

#21ArkonBladePosted 10/6/2013 1:00:06 AM
Remove kinect. Drop the price to below $299. Focus on games , not just halo , forza , and fable and not just for a few years and ditch all that for just kinect shovel ware. Get rid of paying for XBL or at least make it a value to pay for like PS+. Right now I wouldn't give you a dime for XBL. Remove every thing els like Netflix from behind the pay wall. Admit you were tring to scam people and have been for years with your XBL sub fee. Reimburse every person who has payed for it and apologize. Abandon your dreams of ever being a dominate media box that will own the home like you hoped years ago and just try to be the best kick ass gaming console with media features. Fire major Nelson. Start focusing on the gamer.

If Ms does all that they might have a shot in this console war.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#22pigboyPosted 10/6/2013 1:12:05 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
Remove kinect. Drop the price to below $299. Focus on games , not just halo , forza , and fable and not just for a few years and ditch all that for just kinect shovel ware. Get rid of paying for XBL or at least make it a value to pay for like PS+. Right now I wouldn't give you a dime for XBL. Remove every thing els like Netflix from behind the pay wall. Admit you were tring to scam people and have been for years with your XBL sub fee. Reimburse every person who has payed for it and apologize. Abandon your dreams of ever being a dominate media box that will own the home like you hoped years ago and just try to be the best kick ass gaming console with media features. Fire major Nelson. Start focusing on the gamer.

Well said. If MS has the guts to do all the stuffs you listed, I am more then willing to buy the Xbone.
#23xxBloodBathxxPosted 10/6/2013 6:24:35 AM
ArkonBlade posted...

I fee like this post illustrates my earlier point perfectly.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#24jsplisimPosted 10/6/2013 6:30:28 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I know it's an unpopular answer, but I wanna wait and see how it's used before I'd like MS to call it quits. I especially wanna see how it's used in horror games, since it can detect your heart beat.

This is where I am at.

I generally hate the motion control portion of it (I had Kinect, I also was not terribly fond of the Wii or PS Move), but if the passive features are useful (I admittedly enjoyed yelling "Warp" in Mass Effect/ the Skyrim shouts were a fun idea) I could see it being enjoyable.
---
There's the deltoids of compassion; There's the abs of being kind.
It's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds...
#25jsplisimPosted 10/6/2013 6:31:44 AM
xxBloodBathxx posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

I fee like this post illustrates my earlier point perfectly.

...I also see/agree with the logic here; I am just not sure that this is on the table.
---
There's the deltoids of compassion; There's the abs of being kind.
It's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds...
#26DarkJaydragonPosted 10/6/2013 6:31:57 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
I'm an athiest. I don't believe in god(s).

*Tips fedora.*
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#27Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 7:59:48 AM
ArkonBlade posted...

all. of. this. *hugs*
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#28TheGam3925Posted 10/6/2013 8:31:59 AM
MS made a nice profit on Kinect hardware this gen however a good amount of developers did not, most Kinect games are ass. The Kinect was also released fairly late into the 360's life. The XBone will be stuck with Kinect 2.0 at launch, that's 8+ years of ass games. How long will it be before people catch on to craptastic Kinect library?
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#29Gunther482Posted 10/6/2013 8:38:43 AM
While I am not a fan of motion controlled gaming I think it would be foolish to give up on the Kinect, especially for the amount of money they have invested into it.

While I doubt it'll be that intuitive when it comes to games (as I am expecting most Kinect focused games to be gimmicky) it'll probably prove useful for navigating menus, watching TV, and use in apps.
#30SoulTrapperPosted 10/6/2013 8:43:08 AM
Very much related to the topic:

http://adage.com/article/special-report-ana-annual-meeting-2013/xbox-reshape-marketing/244605/

Xbox One Can Work Like a TV That Watches Consumers In Their Living Rooms
---
PSN: El_Coon