will XBO be able to hold more than 5 game updates?

#1nehukogPosted 10/5/2013 5:45:29 PM
Right now with the 360 it only holds about 5 game updates, and then when you put another game in it overrides the first game that it updated, and so if you put that first game back in you will have to update it again! Very frustrating when you own more than 5 games!
#2RollnThunder213Posted 10/5/2013 5:49:14 PM
Do you not own a hard drive or something...?
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3squarex8264Posted 10/5/2013 7:32:32 PM
Well, at the end of the 360's lifespan, they started saving updates to the HDD rather than the cache.

Assuming they keep doing that with the X1, you will be able to hold as many updates as you can fit on your HDD.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4Evel138Posted 10/5/2013 7:50:56 PM
Actually, the 360 holds around 32mb update data which typically amounts to around 10 or so titles, but this is a dime-a-dozen troll topic that really isn't interested in any facts.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#5Madness2012Posted 10/5/2013 8:15:00 PM
TC..Just put your updates on a Hard drive.....
#6khardboredPosted 10/6/2013 4:13:24 AM
I have literally never had this happen to me. I've owned a console since launch (the latest 360 I've had for 3 years) and all of my game updates rest on my HD. And I had well over 100 physical copies of games...
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#7FustmonkeyPosted 10/6/2013 9:03:45 AM
khardbored posted...
I have literally never had this happen to me. I've owned a console since launch (the latest 360 I've had for 3 years) and all of my game updates rest on my HD. And I had well over 100 physical copies of games...

If you only have 100 games after 8 years then it's not surprising that it didn't happen to you.

The games started to keep their updates with the gamesaves instead of the small allocated place. So it is only an issue if you play many different old games.

Also, some games seemed to take more space then others. Those who played Guitar Hero (or was it Rock Band?) seemed to have the most issues, with the space being eaten up and corrupted.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#8FoppePosted 10/6/2013 10:47:07 AM
Indeed, it used to be a problem with redownloading the same title updates all the time, just because you played too many different games.
Luckily we can place them on USB devices these days, and we got multiple websites that store them.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9FustmonkeyPosted 10/6/2013 12:49:35 PM
^
^
Right, playing too many different games, or the other problem that would happen is that the updates would get corrupt.

One of those two music games used to corrupt or fill up that space, making people re-download updates for all their other games every time they played it.

Clearing the cache fixed that problem.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"