Xbox area one event

#1mdotwillie09Posted 10/5/2013 7:44:17 PM
Hey has anyone attended any of these events? I keep seeing event is 18 years old plus but I wasn't sure if an adult can bring minors along. I know the instructions seem clear but I saw another poster show being at the Philadelphia event that I plan to go to and he had his 5 yr old son with him. My brother is 16 and he wants to go, don't want to go all the way there for him to get turned away, if anyone knows please let me know thanks!
---
Xbox Live & PSN GT: Mdotwillie09
#2leftwich7Posted 10/5/2013 8:37:24 PM
I took my 4 year old yesterday and am going back tomorrow. They didn't give me any problems. I guess if you are 21 or older it shouldn't be a problem.
---
Call me T.D. Jakes, because I'll lay hands on you in this Madden. All are welcome to receive this Salvation.
#3mdotwillie09(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:38:51 PM
Thanks, yea I'm 28 so I'm assuming I'll be ok. I'm not that far but still a half hr so it would suck if he got turned away
---
#4capnhowdy18Posted 10/6/2013 12:13:37 AM
I wouldn't assume because one event lets in children that another will. The official word is no one under 18. That being said, at the Philly event which I also attended there was tons of kids.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/capnhowdy64
#5mdotwillie09(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 4:07:31 PM
Well I was going to Philly event that other guy on here went to with kid. I went today at 10am one it was a good time. No issues they didn't card anyone or even ask and there was kids galore. At one point the whole dead rising area had kids ranging from 5-12 and no words were said and tbh I'm not even sure where those kids parents were.
---
#6mdotwillie09(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 4:11:01 PM
Also I was slightly underwhelmed overall. I mean I'm still gonna get it and ps4 as I've had both pre ordered and don't plan on changing. But i guess I was expecting to be more blown away with next gen graphics, I'm assuming with more time when I actually get it I will see the little things and details. And also I wasn't able to experience the OS much either so we shall see .
---
#7capnhowdy18Posted 10/7/2013 8:58:17 AM
I think the days of being blown away by next gen graphics are gone unfortunately. Theres a law of diminishing returns on the smoothness when adding polygons, so additions will be more effects or more going on the screen at a time. Plus like you said it is launch so graphics will get better.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/capnhowdy64