Did MS make a weaker console so they could afford to buy more exclusives?

#1IzecPosted 10/6/2013 1:40:41 AM
Hence why PS4 has all the power but "no gaemz"?
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#2richboy900Posted 10/6/2013 1:50:04 AM
No I'd say its more to do with the Kinect. If Ms didn't make Kinect 2.0, it could have been a powerhouse of a console like the original Xbox.

Id take better hardware over Kinect, no question.
#3SoulTrapperPosted 10/6/2013 2:10:42 AM(edited)
No, it's because they have a different focus.

The console is build for running apps and kinect, not as much for video games.

Apparently, Sony doesn't care about exclusives that much anymore:

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/201721/Nobody_gains_from_console_exclusivity_says_Sonys_dev_relations_boss.php
---
PSN: El_Coon
#4ArkonBladePosted 10/6/2013 1:56:19 AM
Unless MS used that money to make there own gaming studios ( which they should have) they really didn't buy exclusive rights to any thing more like timed exclusive rights. More then likely we will see dead rising 3 and titanfall on the ps4.

MS should have used that 1 billion dollars for games to make there own studios that they would own the rights too any games made and insure that they would only for ever be on a MS made console much like halo.

Times exclusive games and DLC... I could care less about. A game I know I can only get on that system and nothing else . Well that gives me a reason to buy it.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#5supermoc10Posted 10/6/2013 3:04:52 AM
1. PS4 has more games announced for it than Xbox One games. There are also more 1st Party PS4 games coming out in 2014 than 1st Party Xbox One games.

2. MS couldn't afford to make a PS4-level system with their own components, while still shipping the Kinect and having a reasonable price. Considering Kinect is part of their vision, they chose to downscale the specs.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#6pigman2003Posted 10/6/2013 3:37:16 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
Unless MS used that money to make there own gaming studios ( which they should have) they really didn't buy exclusive rights to any thing more like timed exclusive rights. More then likely we will see dead rising 3 and titanfall on the ps4.

MS should have used that 1 billion dollars for games to make there own studios that they would own the rights too any games made and insure that they would only for ever be on a MS made console much like halo.

Times exclusive games and DLC... I could care less about. A game I know I can only get on that system and nothing else . Well that gives me a reason to buy it.

Microsoft did indeed invest that money in new studios such as Black Tusk as well as 4 other unannounced ones, and Dead Rising 3 was confirmed by the devs that it will stay an Xbox One exclusive, can't say anything on Titanfall though.
#7Sevi_neyPosted 10/6/2013 4:01:16 AM
What a desperate attempt at rationalization.
---
You will see us everywhere, even in your nightmares...
http://i.imgur.com/Y97KtJD.jpg
#8chrish909Posted 10/6/2013 4:34:52 AM
Sony really does have no games.

This is every aaa exclusive sony has announced for ps4

killzone
infamous
the order
lol
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#9DXiRoNMaNPosted 10/6/2013 6:41:22 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
No, it's because they have a different focus.

The console is build for running apps and kinect, not as much for video games.

Apparently, Sony doesn't care about exclusives that much anymore:

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/201721/Nobody_gains_from_console_exclusivity_says_Sonys_dev_relations_boss.php

a video game console not built for video games
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#10Pixx0Posted 10/6/2013 6:42:47 AM
I don't see money to buy IPs as a problem for MS. It's more like "let's make an average device, priced like crap so we can earn as much money as we can by milking ignorant consumers".

I have to say it worked well so far, and looks promising with their next console.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.