so, the xbox one is using "cloud" as a selling point?

#21FustmonkeyPosted 10/6/2013 12:06:14 PM
James_4ort posted...
Yeomanly posted...
chrisromans123 posted...
Yeomanly posted...
All I know is...

COD (3rd party XBO game) has dedicated servers

Killzone (1st party PS4 game) is P2P via proxy

Cloud is a selling point to me. :D

Killzone will have dedicated servers

Nope they have already explained how it will work, it has P2P via proxy, they use dedicated servers to handle the matchmaking and traffic, still uses a host PS4 for the multi code, think the servers handle scoring though.

Will be better than P2P slightly, nothing like real dedicated servers though.

all but one ps3 1st party game had dedicated servers.. only one MS studio game had dedicated servers on the 360..

no1 cared then, but now that COD has it, its SOOOOO impressive..

What does it matter what was "MS studio" and 1st party? Both games had about the same number of games with dedicated servers (and It was not every sony 1srt party game except one).

Sony had some exclusives with dedicated servers, MS had Chromehonds and Frontlines Fuel of War and all those EA games that were never on PS3 such as Battlefield 2 and all the other EA games from 2005 to 2006 or 2007. And both PS3 and 360 had all those EA multiplatform games with dedicated servers.

Add them up, it's about the same number of games.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#22Coutts2Posted 10/6/2013 12:30:16 PM
6 months ago SimCity was supposed to be powered be the cloud and it was an absolute disaster. The unproven tech scares me, I want to rely on what is in the box, not promises of what might be possible.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#23Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/6/2013 12:33:47 PM
zephirraines posted...
So sony is lying about Gakai too? Oh wait rockstar is not the same as sony or ms.

Thank you for proving your ignorance TC.

you enjoy talking about Sony more than everyone on the PS boards
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#24pigman2003Posted 10/6/2013 1:59:48 PM
James_4ort posted...
Yeomanly posted...
chrisromans123 posted...
Yeomanly posted...
All I know is...

COD (3rd party XBO game) has dedicated servers

Killzone (1st party PS4 game) is P2P via proxy

Cloud is a selling point to me. :D

Killzone will have dedicated servers

Nope they have already explained how it will work, it has P2P via proxy, they use dedicated servers to handle the matchmaking and traffic, still uses a host PS4 for the multi code, think the servers handle scoring though.

Will be better than P2P slightly, nothing like real dedicated servers though.

all but one ps3 1st party game had dedicated servers.. only one MS studio game had dedicated servers on the 360..

no1 cared then, but now that COD has it, its SOOOOO impressive..

The fact that it's a 3rd party game getting dedicated servers from Microsoft IS impressive. Back in the First half of last gen nobody cared about 60fps and 1080p but now people are expecting it to be standard in shooters, same with dedicated servers, nobody cared but now they do, it's called evolution.
#25ejay8320Posted 10/6/2013 3:01:27 PM
destroyerman455 posted...
Natatteru posted...
I understand that "The Cloud" could be something really important. But a while ago we had a poll with "single-player experiences" being waaay more important than multi-player ones, and now people obsess over the cloud being a main selling point? That's what I don't get.

Keep in mind a good portion of the MP community plays CoD/Battlefield and a lot of them probably didn't contribute to the poll. Same goes for the casual gamers who just play to play. I don't think either of those demographics were really in the poll.

So from a business standpoint, "The Cloud" will most likely be very successful with the MP community as long as it doesn't have bugs or glitches.

Your mixing up cloud computing and dedicated servers, what MS is touting with cloud computing is it'll off load certain processes to the cloud servers to allow the Xbox one to use more of its resources for the graphics, including single player games. What you were referencing is purely dedicated servers for online play.

Issue is many don't want needing to be online to play single player content and it generally hasn't been successful(take a look at EA Sim City & Diablo III), then questions arise what happens if you lose internet mid game? Do you have to restart the level? Will the game slow down? Will you get a lost connection and can't continue until reconnecting? Etc...
#26DamnEvilDogPosted 10/6/2013 3:06:38 PM
Another topic like this? I was gonna type more, but TC has been destroyed with logic by quite a few people.

Do you not have better things to do with your time then act like your a kid TC?