PS4 vs Xbox One? Plz help!!!

#1chomeister3Posted 10/6/2013 4:12:10 PM
It's really hard for me to decide between the PS4 or Xbox One. If you can please tell me your opinion based on my situation.
1) I own both PS's and Xbox's so I'm not goig to be swayed by any fanboy
2) I don't use PS+ or Xbox Gold and never will due to HughesNet Satellite internet being the best provider in my area
3) I play single player/offline but I can still download updates and whatnot
4) I am aware the PS4 has a tad better/faster technology but I'm not a graphics freak
5) Lastly, the only exclusive games I'm looking forward to are for PS4: InFamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, and The Order 1886 and for Xbox One: Dead Rising 3, Ryse son of Rome, and the Black Tusk project. That's it.

Please based on this information help me decide which to get a PS4 or Xbox One
#2gobuffalo30Posted 10/6/2013 4:16:17 PM
It sounds like you have to sacrifice something somewhere.

My opinion, based on your info, is you should go with the cheaper one and that would be the PS4. The sacrifice would be the exclusives.
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/6/2013 4:18:09 PM
chomeister3 posted...
2) I don't use PS+ or Xbox Gold and never will due to HughesNet Satellite internet being the best provider in my area

Well, normally I don't butt into these things, but it seems you have a very logical side to choose. The XB1 is basically useless without XBL gold. You might not be able to perform complex internet-related actions (like playing online games) but you could potentially make use of apps or other console features. The issue is that the besides playing singleplayer games, sending messages, and playing movies, you can't do much else on the XB1 without live.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#4chomeister3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 4:25:37 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
chomeister3 posted...

Well, normally I don't butt into these things, but it seems you have a very logical side to choose. The XB1 is basically useless without XBL gold. You might not be able to perform complex internet-related actions (like playing online games) but you could potentially make use of apps or other console features. The issue is that the besides playing singleplayer games, sending messages, and playing movies, you can't do much else on the XB1 without live.

I didn't have Xbox Gold on my 360....my point being i love just playing single player that's all I've ever done and no I can't use any of cloud, hulu, apps, etc on live anywayl
#5fretless58Posted 10/6/2013 4:28:38 PM
chomeister3 posted...

This point alone means you should get a PS4, since Microsoft locks away so many features behind Gold that it's basically gimped.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#6AenishaPosted 10/6/2013 4:28:42 PM
chomeister3 posted...
It's really hard for me to decide between the PS4 or Xbox One. If you can please tell me your opinion based on my situation.
1) I own both PS's and Xbox's so I'm not goig to be swayed by any fanboy
3) I play single player/offline but I can still download updates and whatnot
4) I am aware the PS4 has a tad better/faster technology but I'm not a graphics freak
5) Lastly, the only exclusive games I'm looking forward to are for PS4: InFamous Second Son, Killzone Shadowfall, and The Order 1886 and for Xbox One: Dead Rising 3, Ryse son of Rome, and the Black Tusk project. That's it.

Please based on this information help me decide which to get a PS4 or Xbox One

I would grab the PS4 to start. Its the cheapest costing version firstly and you arent required to have a PS+ membership to have full accessibility unlike the Xbox One. I would wait some time down the road to pick up an Xbox One after a significant pricedrop with or without kinect.
---
You just got beaten.. by a GIRL!
Animal Crossing: New Leaf FC - 0388-0226-2125
#7chomeister3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 4:28:46 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...

My opinion, based on your info, is you should go with the cheaper one and that would be the PS4. The sacrifice would be the exclusives.

I would be getting the PS eye if I did get a PS4 so it's basically which exclusives are going to be better and the future game library of that console
#8chomeister3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 4:30:01 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...

I would be getting the PS eye if I did get a PS4 so the prices would be a mere 40$ apart so it's basically which exclusives are going to be better and the future game library of that console
#9Jedi454Posted 10/6/2013 4:31:13 PM
chomeister3 posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

I would be getting the PS eye if I did get a PS4 so it's basically which exclusives are going to be better and the future game library of that console

Kinect>>>>>>PS eye.

That being said, someone else has posted a topic about facts of the Xbox One, have a look at that, then have a look at facts on the Ps4 and then decide. Personally I went with the Xbox One because I have a 360 and i've never had a problem with it since day one.
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#10gobuffalo30Posted 10/6/2013 4:31:22 PM
chomeister3 posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

I would be getting the PS eye if I did get a PS4 so the prices would be a mere 40$ apart so it's basically which exclusives are going to be better and the future game library of that console

Then you choose which games you want the most and that's that.