I remember when I first saw the Xbox 360

#1SomelazybumPosted 10/6/2013 8:33:50 PM
It was in December 2005. Sold out everywhere. All five demo units were red ringed. None of them worked. A prelude of things to come? I didn't care. I still bought a 360 in 2006. Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion was so damn hot. Had to have it. Dolla Dolla Bills Yo. System died four months after I bought it and at that time, they wanted 200 dollars to fix it. The system had a 90 day warranty back in 2005-2006. Ghetto. I went back to my PS2.

So now, am I excited for the XBoneR? Not really. I had an OG Xbox with a terrible Thompson Drive, a launch 360 that died after four months of use, and now I'm seeing another system just ready to break for no reason. I think of married with children and Mr. Toyota going "Dodge. American Motorcar" and then laughing his ass off. I see myself going "Xbox. American Gaming System" and then laughing my ass off.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, double shame on you.

Anyone else feel so meh about these new systems?
---
KOF 13 is better then Blazblue Whatever iteration with one new frame of animation and Ragna wearing Jin's clothing with no new characters.
#2JTC87Posted 10/6/2013 8:37:11 PM
One of the disadvantages of being an early adopter. It pretty much happens with almost everything to some degree.
---
3DS FC: 3136-7588-7220
#3AlexPumaPosted 10/6/2013 8:39:38 PM
Why didn't you buy Oblivion on PC?
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#4Somelazybum(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 8:40:03 PM
JTC87 posted...
One of the disadvantages of being an early adopter. It pretty much happens with almost everything to some degree.

Only Microsoft products crapped out on me every time. I still have a launch Dreamcast, still have a working PS1 and PS2, my PS3 from near launch lasted about four years before crapping out, and the wii I had didn't break. Granted I didn't play that too much, but Microsoft has consistently made sub par hardware that constantly broke.
---
KOF 13 is better then Blazblue Whatever iteration with one new frame of animation and Ragna wearing Jin's clothing with no new characters.
#5Somelazybum(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 8:40:46 PM
AlexPuma posted...
Why didn't you buy Oblivion on PC?

I didn't have THAT much money. I kind of stopped gaming on pcs once the adventure game era died. I was a PC gamer from 1995-2002
---
#6SAMCROftwPosted 10/6/2013 8:41:31 PM
That's why I'm gonna hold off on buying an Xbone for a while. I refuse to go through that red ring fiasco again.
---
Xbox fan since 2003. Tired of Microsoft's bull. LOLXbone.
Mass Effect TaliShep.... still a better love story than Twilight.
#7Somelazybum(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 8:43:34 PM
SAMCROftw posted...
That's why I'm gonna hold off on buying an Xbone for a while. I refuse to go through that red ring fiasco again.

One of my friends has six red ringed 360s. I always find it amazing how he continues to buy them. It's gotta be some sort of abusive relationship with someone that was great in the beginning but now puts no effort into anything and is totally outclassed by the former frumpy thing that got its act together and knows what a man wants.
---
#8CapwnDPosted 10/6/2013 9:09:45 PM
Only console that ever screwed me was Sony PS3. $987 is what I paid to have one working PS3. It broke after only one year, paid almost $200 for repair, broke again only one more year later.

I guess you just suck at doing it right.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#9EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 10/6/2013 9:11:10 PM
There's a very little chance that the Xbox One will go through a fiasco similar to RROD. That debacle costed Microsoft millions and if it happened again, it could send the Xbox brand under completely. This along with it being said that these new consoles are much more power efficient leads me to seriously, seriously doubt that Microsoft would be willing to go down that road again and not build the console to run more efficiently.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
NP: GTA V, Xenoblade, SC: Blacklist, SMT IV, BF3 (Awaiting): Xbox One, PS4, KZ: SF, BF4, DR3, KI, Forza 5
#10Somelazybum(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 9:22:29 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
There's a very little chance that the Xbox One will go through a fiasco similar to RROD. That debacle costed Microsoft millions and if it happened again, it could send the Xbox brand under completely. This along with it being said that these new consoles are much more power efficient leads me to seriously, seriously doubt that Microsoft would be willing to go down that road again and not build the console to run more efficiently.

Actually the RROD cost MS Billions. Shareholders do not want another Xbox and all. The recent rumblings of forcing Balmer out also wanted the Xbox division gone too. The Xbox division is still roughly negative five billion dollars in the red. Most shareholders want to spin off the division and have Microsoft focus on what's actually important.

http://www.eteknix.com/microsoft-investor-wants-to-fire-ballmer-and-sell-xbox-division/

Who knows how much time the Xbox division has left since the biggest shareholders of Microsoft want Xbox gone.
---