I remember when I first saw the Xbox 360

#21CapwnDPosted 10/7/2013 12:23:47 AM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...
CapwnD posted...
I've had a Playstation One console fail, took it back to the Gamestop and they literally threw it on a pile and gave me a new one, without looking at the receipt. Because it was a common problem (had to flip it to play DVD cutscenes, and for games to run sometimes). Had 2 of my 5 Xboxes die, but those were replaced free of charge (Yes I did need 5 consoles at one point, with family and HDMI ouputs and such) . All 5 of my Xbox 360 still work fine, though I wish one would die because it's a bit loud.

O_o

FMV cutscenes, you know what I meant. It would freeze on those almost always, and it would sometimes struggle to play games. Flipping it fixed it completely, but it was dumb.

I remember Warhawk would just not work when an FMV came on. I'm not sure how I knew to try flipping it, but that worked.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#22Orange_ApplesPosted 10/7/2013 12:32:15 AM
I actually didn't know what you meant. I thought you had problems with your PS1 because it wouldn't play DVD games properly.

Then I was confused how you got your PS1 to play DVDs at all.

Since I went off in that direction, I had no idea you meant to say FMV >_>

leave me alone, it's 1:30 am for me...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#23PudgeisafishPosted 10/7/2013 12:34:58 AM
Somelazybum posted...
JTC87 posted...
One of the disadvantages of being an early adopter. It pretty much happens with almost everything to some degree.

Only Microsoft products crapped out on me every time. I still have a launch Dreamcast, still have a working PS1 and PS2, my PS3 from near launch lasted about four years before crapping out, and the wii I had didn't break. Granted I didn't play that too much, but Microsoft has consistently made sub par hardware that constantly broke.

Same for me, but with Sony products.

Ps2 after 2years, 7.1 surround hd receiver just after 3years, remote for my Vega only a year of use and so on! All crapped out on me... must've been coincidence though.

Almost got a Ps3 for exclusive titles until I started to hear about how bad the developers spoke about it, and it getting hacked and Sony not doing anything immediately about it.

I have faith that next gen consoles will be quality!
#24CapwnDPosted 10/7/2013 12:40:53 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
I actually didn't know what you meant. I thought you had problems with your PS1 because it wouldn't play DVD games properly.

Then I was confused how you got your PS1 to play DVDs at all.

Since I went off in that direction, I had no idea you meant to say FMV >_>

leave me alone, it's 1:30 am for me...

lol I see... I thought you were just being uber correct. In my mind it was DVD. It's been so long, I wasn't really thinking. DVD would be a bad term even if it was on a DVD disc. I should have said FMV.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh