Which First Party Will be the Flagship for Xbox One

#1Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/6/2013 10:29:11 PM
With Bungie, who was the MS version of Naughty Dog, abandoning ship, will MS be able to get a dev company that can fill the huge shoes Bungie left behind, and who do you think it will be?
Reception for Halo 4 by 343 wasn't the greatest. The game did well but it's community died off remarkably fast so Halo won't be the colossal juggernaut it once was and will probably see some difficult times ahead. Besides they're more focused on sexism then anything at this point
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#2SekaiIchibanPosted 10/6/2013 10:51:22 PM
Does any of their first party studios work with any games in particular? I think we only got Halo 5 announced, and the other studios are very quiet these days.
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/6/2013 11:00:17 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Reception for Halo 4 by 343 wasn't the greatest.
you're wrong, the reception was the greatest of every halo game ever in the franchise http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-shatters-records
#4Cosmic_Diabetic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 11:08:21 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
you're wrong, the reception was the greatest of every halo game ever in the franchise http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-shatters-records

The game did well but it's community died off remarkably fast

---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#5Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/6/2013 11:22:08 PM
i can't help it if you accidentally typed the wrong word, and halo 4 sold more than most people's favorite halo game.
#6Cosmic_Diabetic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 11:32:48 PM
and halo 4 sold more than most people's favorite halo game.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/c/5cdde-missingthepoint.jpg#completely%20missed%20the%20point
---
#7Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/6/2013 11:39:21 PM
sales are the point of flagship titles, how could you miss that?
#8pigman2003Posted 10/6/2013 11:51:41 PM
Remedy is a second party dev for Microsoft at the moment and to be honest after Alan Wake they're one of my top game makers and I'm more excited for Quantum Break than any other game.

Black Tusk is the first of 5 new studio's they've unveiled, I'm excited to see what they do.

Fable legends was announced but I don't think they have the capacity to be a frontrunner, at least no without a strong next entry.

Microsoft's 3rd party devs are pretty interesting, Dead Rising 3 is arguably one of the best if not best launch exclusive and them working with Swery to develop D4 shows they aren't shy of taking risks, not to mention the highly successful Gears of War series and Insomniacs Sunset Overdrive.

Microsoft also has a knack for picking up popular arcade or low budget games like State of decay, they were also the first to pick up Minecraft, and have a lot of other really good exclusive titles in the XBLA.

Turn 10 makes Forza which is pretty much the best Racing sim but that doesn't appeal to as large a crowd as an action game.

343 did a good job with Halo 4, was it the best Halo? No. But it still felt like a Halo game and it was still incredibly fun and had in my opinion the best Multiplayer of the series.

Went on kind of a rant but Microsoft has a ton of exclusives if you look closely and they are adding a lot more with this coming generation of consoles, until they unveil their new studios and we see more of their current games.

As of now it's more about flagship games, not studios, and this goes for Sony as well, after all we haven't seen an uncharted for the PS4 yet and Killzone is not up to snuff to be a flagship franchise.

Right Now Titanfall is Microsoft's flagship game, and I don't really think Sony has one yet.
#9ArkonBladePosted 10/7/2013 12:09:20 AM
Last good halo game IMO to me was halo 3. Really there has been no franchises MS owns that I have liked. Gears of War has been my favorite but not own by MS. Though smartly tossed cash at epic to keep it on there console.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#10GrayFulIbusterPosted 10/7/2013 12:38:33 AM

There was a lot of potential in the beginning. Halo 4 rode off the success of Halo 1-3. Once people had it in their hands and found out that Bungie did it 100x better, they abandoned Halo. Sales will say that Halo did well. People will say that it did not.

Want proof? Check out Halo 5 when it comes out. Mark my words, it will bomb.
---
"Ice Make: Lance!"