Which First Party Will be the Flagship for Xbox One

#11CasualGamersPosted 10/12/2013 7:18:54 AM
GrayFulIbuster posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Reception for Halo 4 by 343 wasn't the greatest.
you're wrong, the reception was the greatest of every halo game ever in the franchise http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-shatters-records

There was a lot of potential in the beginning. Halo 4 rode off the success of Halo 1-3. Once people had it in their hands and found out that Bungie did it 100x better, they abandoned Halo. Sales will say that Halo did well. People will say that it did not.

Want proof? Check out Halo 5 when it comes out. Mark my words, it will bomb.

Marked
#12SunDevil77Posted 10/12/2013 7:27:34 AM
GrayFulIbuster posted...
you're wrong, the reception was the greatest of every halo game ever in the franchise http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-shatters-records

There was a lot of potential in the beginning. Halo 4 rode off the success of Halo 1-3. Once people had it in their hands and found out that Bungie did it 100x better, they abandoned Halo. Sales will say that Halo did well. People will say that it did not.

This is just flat out ignorance.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13CapwnDPosted 10/12/2013 7:50:39 AM
You guys are quoting a banned alt account. That's the guy that lost how many accounts the past few months? From trolling this board? At least 30. It would be funny, if it wasn't so embarrassingly pathetic that "gamers" act this way.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#14The_DarkwalkerPosted 10/12/2013 8:54:13 AM
GrayFulIbuster posted...

How much money something makes determines if it was successful, not whether people said it was "good" or "bad." Halo 5 may sell fewer copies than Halo 4 initially due to the lower install base of Xbox One versus Xbox 360, but over the course of its life it will sell millions upon millions of copies and make hundreds of millions of dollars. Mark my words.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#15DarkJaydragonPosted 10/12/2013 10:31:07 AM
A next gen halo bombing?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/165/PFFFFT.png
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#16assassin10133Posted 10/12/2013 10:39:52 AM
From the studios we know of thus far, I'd say maybe Black Tusk, if the game they're working on turns out to be a must buy it could be XB1's Halo, plus they still have Halo 5 coming and even if it doesn't sell as well as Halo 4 initially, if 343 learned from their first crack at it and it's turns out better than 4, the word will get out and people will buy. It's Halo, gamers will definitely at the least be tracking the info on it.
#17Dannyson97Posted 10/12/2013 11:32:03 AM
Halo 4 was a huge disappointment to me I have played every Halo game, I choose the 360 over the PS3 just for Halo. But like the others said Halo 4 is the low point, the series started taking some things from call of duty starting with Reach, but bungie handled it well and the campaign was one of the best.
Halo 4 took to much and the community died out fast, now down to just 30-40 thousand on average. The campaign was underwelming as, not able to draw me back constantly like the previous games. Even Halo Wars got me coming back for more.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#18Exodus_PrimePosted 10/12/2013 11:51:32 AM
and halo 4 sold more than most people's favorite halo game.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/c/5cdde-missingthepoint.jpg#completely%20missed%20the%20point

We get it you dislike the Master Chief and Halo I'm sorry you're so blind with raging hate for a fictional character that even when proof of his awesomeness and popularity still reign supreme you will act like a child. Now please go f-a-p somewhere else.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#19Exodus_PrimePosted 10/12/2013 12:00:48 PM
Dannyson97 posted...
Halo 4 was a huge disappointment to me I have played every Halo game, I choose the 360 over the PS3 just for Halo. But like the others said Halo 4 is the low point, the series started taking some things from call of duty starting with Reach, but bungie handled it well and the campaign was one of the best.
Halo 4 took to much and the community died out fast, now down to just 30-40 thousand on average. The campaign was underwelming as, not able to draw me back constantly like the previous games. Even Halo Wars got me coming back for more.

Where do you guys come from? I remember when it launched it had 80% great reviews everywhere even from people posting on forums, once the hype died down and other games came out I notice more and more gamers/people like you just flat out hating it and all of you say the exact same thing. It wasn't Bungie/Bad multiplayer/low point...then you say oh man Halo Wars kept me coming for more, IMO that game was an abortion as much as I love Age Of Empires and Halo, sorry I couldn't commit to it. The campaign kept me coming back for more and the Spartan Ops was awesome. Even when Reach came out the community went down faster than usual you know why? because you have games like COD/BF3 that have gained more fans over the years that play those games religiously there's more competition now then when Halo 3 was out. Like one poster said a successful franchise isn't because people say it's good or because the reviews say it's good, they keep making games because it sells, Master Chief sells. You can bet your sweet ass if Halo was multiplat it would destroy COD in sales you can bet the bank on that one. But you know opinions.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#20MajesticFerretPosted 10/12/2013 12:40:16 PM
Halo 5 will do fine. It has Halo in its name, will be the first next gen. Halo...that's really all it needs.

Halo 6 is questionable, but a big franchise on new hardware always warrants big hype and sales, even if the hype isn't fully lived up to.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.