343 needs more development time for nextgen HALO

#1cedricthegreatPosted 10/7/2013 12:48:29 AM
HALO 4 released Nov 2012 and MS want 343i to have HALO 5 out buy fall 2014. I don't think that is enough time especially with brand new hardware. Give them at least 2.5 years and an extra 30-45 days for a BETA.
---
everyone plays video games I want to make them
#215RCPosted 10/7/2013 12:51:28 AM
To me it seems the transition from current gen to next gen is easier this time around. Halo 5 will be fine. IMO, people will forget about the franchise if it doesn't release by the end of 2014.
---
Saturday, October 12 - Timothy Bradley vs. Juan Manuel Marquez
Friday, October 25 - Batman: Arkham Origins
#3pigman2003Posted 10/7/2013 12:55:13 AM
343 is a talented studio with an infinite budget, I wouldn't worry about it.
#4Orange_ApplesPosted 10/7/2013 12:56:07 AM
With the way the current games industry is moving, I wouldn't be surprised if developers were expected to fart out a game every other month each with a metacritic score of 85+
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#5KenhorouPosted 10/7/2013 1:12:33 AM
Apparently they have a lot more people now than when they were working on Halo 4. I think it will be alright.

I do hope we get a beta though.
---
"COD: Be at the right place, at the right time"-Ragdoll47
QFT
#6GrayFulIbusterPosted 10/7/2013 1:34:54 AM
pigman2003 posted...

343 is a talentless hack of a studio. They have money but no skills whatsoever. Microsoft needs to go grovel at Bungie's feet for Halo to be relevant again.
---
"Ice Make: Lance!"
#7pigman2003Posted 10/7/2013 2:45:13 AM
GrayFulIbuster posted...
pigman2003 posted...

343 is a talentless hack of a studio. They have money but no skills whatsoever. Microsoft needs to go grovel at Bungie's feet for Halo to be relevant again.

You obviously don't know anything about game development or 343. The way I see it, Halo outgrew Bungie and Microsoft hired guys to actually move the franchise forward, have fun with Microsoft's leftovers when your playing your Borderlands ripoff.
#8ViryuPosted 10/7/2013 3:10:26 AM
pigman2003 posted...
GrayFulIbuster posted...
pigman2003 posted...

You obviously don't know anything about game development or 343. The way I see it, Halo outgrew Bungie and Microsoft hired guys to actually move the franchise forward, have fun with Microsoft's leftovers when your playing your Borderlands ripoff.

I won't comment on Halo itself, since I'm not in the subject, but rather what happened in this post. When Bungie was Microsoft's first party studio, they were treated like gods by fans, like the best team there is. Now that they've moved to multiplatform, and has even shown some favouritism towards Sony, they are trash. You're free to criticize, sure, but at least don't be a hypocrite about it, show some consistency.
#9hijokaidenPosted 10/7/2013 4:20:06 AM
Viryu posted...
pigman2003 posted...
GrayFulIbuster posted...
pigman2003 posted...

I won't comment on Halo itself, since I'm not in the subject, but rather what happened in this post. When Bungie was Microsoft's first party studio, they were treated like gods by fans, like the best team there is. Now that they've moved to multiplatform, and has even shown some favouritism towards Sony, they are trash. You're free to criticize, sure, but at least don't be a hypocrite about it, show some consistency.

Still they made ODST and Reach, those games were just quick cash grabs using all the assets from Halo 3.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#10SirLemontPosted 10/7/2013 4:58:18 AM
They definitely do, if it's going to the Xbox One's flagship title.