343 needs more development time for nextgen HALO

#11DionysusPosted 10/7/2013 5:17:00 AM
Holiday 2014 is a pretty big deal, and MS does need a heavy hitter. It probably won't be the best looking game, but they should be able to get a solid FPS out in 2 years.
#12SS_MetalSonicPosted 10/7/2013 5:21:14 AM
Viryu posted...
pigman2003 posted...
GrayFulIbuster posted...
pigman2003 posted...
343 is a talented studio with an infinite budget, I wouldn't worry about it.

343 is a talentless hack of a studio. They have money but no skills whatsoever. Microsoft needs to go grovel at Bungie's feet for Halo to be relevant again.

You obviously don't know anything about game development or 343. The way I see it, Halo outgrew Bungie and Microsoft hired guys to actually move the franchise forward, have fun with Microsoft's leftovers when your playing your Borderlands ripoff.

I won't comment on Halo itself, since I'm not in the subject, but rather what happened in this post. When Bungie was Microsoft's first party studio, they were treated like gods by fans, like the best team there is. Now that they've moved to multiplatform, and has even shown some favouritism towards Sony, they are trash. You're free to criticize, sure, but at least don't be a hypocrite about it, show some consistency.

I have had all of the Halo games except for that RTS game. I felt like Bungie dropped the ball after the first Halo. Halo 2 was not as good and it seemed like they did nt try but the multiplayer component was very very good. the only problem is that half of the maps were bad.

The company just doesn't seem to be consistent
IMO

They came with Halo 3 . improved the story but wrecked the multiplayer with terrible maps.

Then they found this strength to muster up enough magic for Halo Reach which I thought was there best effort since original Halo.

ODST was complete trash for me. Halo 4 is the best Halo game since the first IMO. 343 revived the series IMO.

Bungie will do well with their new project but I would not be surprised if a sequel to this game is worse than the first.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Sonic Generations, Asura's Wrath, Crysis 3, Metro 2033, Bioshock 2, Darksiders 2, El Shaddai, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Skyrim, Bulletstorm
#13SunDevil77Posted 10/7/2013 5:29:08 AM
Can't find the article now, but 343i has doubled the staff that they had in the Halo 4 development. I think they can do it in a year and a half (they've likely been working on it for months by now). I wouldn't be disappointed if it turned out to be winter 2014, though.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#14yanksfan4247Posted 10/7/2013 5:35:28 AM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
Halo 2 was not as good and it seemed like they did nt try but the multiplayer component was very very good. the only problem is that half of the maps were bad.The company just doesn't seem to be consistent IMOThey came with Halo 3 . improved the story but wrecked the multiplayer with terrible maps.Then they found this strength to muster up enough magic for Halo Reach which I thought was there best effort since original Halo

Dude you said the maps for Halo 2 and Halo 3 were bad. Your taste is horrible. Reach and Halo 4 had the worst Halo maps ever.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer