do we know what Battlefiled 4 will use Kinect for?

#1soysaucemanPosted 10/7/2013 7:43:33 AM
and will any functions be optional?
#2FoppePosted 10/7/2013 7:45:01 AM
Headtracking.
Will probably use it as a microphone as well.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3khardboredPosted 10/7/2013 7:45:02 AM
I know one of the features will be head tracking. There will also be peaking and leaning via head movement as well as voice commands.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#4soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:46:05 AM
sorry to sound dumb but what is headtracking? will it be optional to use Kinect?
#5PsychoGatesPosted 10/7/2013 7:46:56 AM
soysauceman posted...
sorry to sound dumb but what is headtracking? will it be optional to use Kinect?

kinect features will always be optional unless it is a kinect specific game
#6bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 8:09:56 AM
soysauceman posted...

You ever play a fps and you are behind a wall and you actually move your head thinking you could peek around the corner?

well, with the kinect and head tracking you actually will
#7soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:11:43 AM
bob15x posted...
soysauceman posted...

You ever play a fps and you are behind a wall and you actually move your head thinking you could peek around the corner?

that sounds fun but I hope you can just use a button on the controler for that as well. As the above guy said it should be optional and in the BF4 beta on 360 there is a lean button. Thanks.
#8FoppePosted 10/7/2013 8:14:49 AM
I remember being able to peek around corners in Duke Nukem 3D.
17 years ago.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 8:16:12 AM
soysauceman posted...
bob15x posted...
soysauceman posted...

that sounds fun but I hope you can just use a button on the controler for that as well. As the above guy said it should be optional and in the BF4 beta on 360 there is a lean button. Thanks.

yes you can. You have to hold down the left trigger button while moving your left analog still while shooting with right trigger and aiming with right analog still.

just moving your head will make it much easier.
#10khardboredPosted 10/7/2013 8:16:26 AM
Foppe posted...
I remember being able to peek around corners in Duke Nukem 3D.
17 years ago.

Not sure what you're getting at here.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.