what did Microsoft do that was greedy?

#1soysaucemanPosted 10/7/2013 7:50:54 AM
I'm not saying they didn't BTW. Although they do want to make as much money as possible. But I saw someones bio on 360 saying "Back to Playstation I go **** you greedy Microsoft". Was their greed to do with DRM, or something else? or was this young man overreacting?
#2BigAl519Posted 10/7/2013 8:05:51 AM
Just about everything. You can't even watch netflix on the Xbone without paying extra.

They also wanted to have a used game policy where you had to pay an activation fee to play a used game you already bought and paid for.

They are forcing everyone wanting the system to buy kinect.

There is a few reasons.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#3bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 8:07:31 AM
soysauceman posted...
I'm not saying they didn't BTW. Although they do want to make as much money as possible. But I saw someones bio on 360 saying "Back to Playstation I go **** you greedy Microsoft". Was their greed to do with DRM, or something else? or was this young man overreacting?

it is just ignorance. The drm thing did not give any profit to MS at all, it actually helped the developers. MS was just out of touch and figured no one would have an issue with it because it is the future.

They should had a hybrid box right off the start. Physical and digital benefits.

but it has nothing to do with greed.

I find MS can be too forward thinking, like way too forward thing, where Sonys issue is sometimes they live in the now and always play catchup with services.

The middle ground was where both companies should have went.
#4bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 8:08:37 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Just about everything. You can't even watch netflix on the Xbone without paying extra.

They also wanted to have a used game policy where you had to pay an activation fee to play a used game you already bought and paid for.

There is a few reasons.

that activation fee was BS, it was made up and completely false.

Forcing kinect actually lost them money, having no kinect off the bad would have saved them losses on each console sold.
#5soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:08:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6kyncaniPosted 10/7/2013 8:12:21 AM(edited)
BigAl519 posted...
Just about everything.

Pretty much.

Every single feature they brought in was bad.
From the television, the no used games, the privacy issues, the always online, the mandatory Kinect, the price, the hardware, the lack of games, the advertisements, blocking indies, the insulting PR, ... everything.

There is a reason it's called the Xbox 180 : take any Xbox One feature, reverse it and you make it better.
#7BigAl519Posted 10/7/2013 8:13:53 AM(edited)
bob15x posted...
BigAl519 posted...

There is a few reasons.

Forcing kinect actually lost them money, having no kinect off the bad would have saved them losses on each console sold.

Denial at its best people. So blinded by his love for a corporation only out to take his money that he can't handle the truth.

kyncani posted...
BigAl519 posted...
Just about everything.

Pretty much.

From the television, the no used games, the always online, the mandatory Kinect, the price, the hardware, the lack of games, the advertisements, ...

There is a reason it's called the Xbox 180 : take any Xbox One feature, reverse it and you make it better.

Damn I knew I forgot one more greedy thing. Throwing adds in a paid service. You pay $500 for the system and $60 a year for live gold only to have to sift through the adds.

---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#8bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 8:12:55 AM
kyncani posted...
BigAl519 posted...
Just about everything.

Pretty much.

From the television, the no used games, the always online, the mandatory Kinect, the price, the hardware, the lack of games, the advertisements, ...

From the television - sony has this too and more tied up in it
The no used games - this is false, they had used games and were going to allow you to sell all your digital copies of games - false info as usual.
The hardware, some issues there
lack of games, same as sony
advertisements, if you think sony wont have this you are delusional.

MS is a greedy company, no doubt, but not for most of the things gamers think is greed.
#9bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 8:14:29 AM
BigAl519 posted...
bob15x posted...
BigAl519 posted...

There is a few reasons.

Denial at its best people. So blinded by his love for a corporation only out to take his money that he can't handle the truth.

actually I hate MS with a passion right now, absoltutely hate them. But what I say is not denial its fact. There was no activation fee, this was already stated from MS.
Kinect they said, and again, fact, cost over 250 to make, which makes this a loss thing on console sold.

so how is fact, denial?
#10Orange_ApplesPosted 10/7/2013 8:16:04 AM
You can't access Netflix, Hulu, Youtube unless you pay for Xbox Live, but they've gotten away with it for the past 5 years and will continue to get away with it so they see no reason to change.

Typically companies use ads to offset the costs of providing "free" services and you pay to get the privilege of getting the service without the ads.
With Xbox One you get ads when you connect to the internet. When you pay to become a subscriber to use the services you get premium ads.

They invested as much money into Kinect as they did the actual console, but since they knew nobody was going to buy it they decided to include it in the box so everyone who does not want a Kinect will have it whether they wanted it or not.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.