EB Games Expo: Sony gives free PS4s to disabled gamer ; Microsoft "Sorry brah"

#1supermoc10Posted 10/7/2013 9:48:14 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692911

Long story short: A disabled gamer couldn't access the PS4s at EB Games Expo because they were upstairs. To apologize for their error, Sony promised to give him a free PS4 on launch day. The Xbox One's were also upstairs but MS just said "Sorry, it's upstairs. You can't try it."

I love the Xbox consoles themselves but this really shows the difference between the two companies. One of them really cares about their fanbase.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#2FoppePosted 10/7/2013 9:50:12 AM
Caring about the fanbase...
...are caring about the free publicity?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3gray_fox_00Posted 10/7/2013 9:52:09 AM
Trust me, they did it for themselves.

The PR brownie points they'll get for this more than makes up for the $400 loss they'll take giving away a system.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#4EastCoastKodyPosted 10/7/2013 9:52:25 AM
Microsoft & Sony aren't ppl
#5supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:53:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Bikes-Posted 10/7/2013 9:54:39 AM
To be fair it's possible the MS reps might of just not been in a position to give out free stuff. That being said it is kind of funny how MS can't catch a PR break ever, where Sony continues to be good seeming humble and caring xD You'd think someone would try and get a handle on the PR situation already.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#7TBONE_OGPosted 10/7/2013 9:56:11 AM(edited)
Proof of the voucher? Hmmm.

Seems bogus. Not that the area where they had the PS4 and X1 weren't wheel chair accessible. That I believe. But that they got a free console.

Pics/proof or it didn't happen in my eyes. I love how the "Sony rep" just had free console vouchers on him...

And in no way is this MS is bad, and Sony is good. Just the guys working in Australia should be tied to this.... if it's even true.
---
Always O.G.
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 10/7/2013 9:57:03 AM
TBONE_OG posted...

Seems bogus. Not that the area where they had the PS4 and X1 weren't wheel chair accessible. That I believe. But that they got a free console.

Pics/proof or it didn't happen in my eyes. I love how the "Sony rep" just had free console vouchers on him...

And in no way is this oh MS is bad, and Sony is good. Just the guys working in Australia should be tied to this.... if it's even true.

It would be hilarious if it was staged by SONY or something just to make Microsoft look bad because they probably knew they're not allowed to give them away for free. This console war is reaching a boiling point closer and closer to release.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#9MrImpatient35Posted 10/7/2013 9:58:26 AM
Foppe posted...
Caring about the fanbase...
...are caring about the free publicity?

Not to bring politics into this, but this is politics 101. Free publicity. This reminds me of an episode of Friends, when Joey said that there are no good deeds that you don't benefit from yourself...or something like that.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#10supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 10:00:51 AM
TBONE_OG posted...

And in no way is this MS is bad, and Sony is good. Just the guys working in Australia should be tied to this.... if it's even true.

Did you read the post I linked? Because it clearly said that the Sony rep they talked to told them to wait while he got another rep who may have a surprise.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"