EB Games Expo: Sony gives free PS4s to disabled gamer ; Microsoft "Sorry brah"

#141AJKirchner88Posted 10/7/2013 5:49:26 PM
The Xbox could have still benefited from this PR. The xbox rep should have run up to that guy and said something like "We've mistakenly cut you off from testing Titanfall and DR3, so like Sony, we'll be giving you those GAMES for free as an apology.'

XBox would have won out here, they get the same general PR, but they don't have to hand out full systems, just two games. And with those two free games, that man will have to actually buy the XBox1 if he wants to use them.

Sony was in the wrong and covering their butts, but Xbox could have taken advantage of it.
#142shoggothsnackPosted 10/7/2013 5:51:03 PM
lol. Me and a couple of my friends would pretend to be handicapped when we were teenagers. Swiped a couple of wheelchairs from an old school that was being torn down, then we'd take them out and see what would happen. I was able to get into a movie theater for free a few times, even got pushed on a guided tour through a museum by an employee.

I'm implying that the "disabled" guy in this topic is a lying scumbag... like me..
#143QuinnandGoblinPosted 10/7/2013 5:52:54 PM
Drain_Bead posted...
QuinnandGoblin posted...
Given that MS only restricted 2 games to upstairs, they did nothing wrong and had the most accessible booth of the 2 companies by far.

I concede some of my points now.

However, I do not believe Microsoft did nothing wrong. There could have been one outdated xbox 360 game upstairs that he couldn't play, and they should've followed suit.

Because it's the right thing to do? No. Because they should feel sorry? No. But because Sony is wrecking them in PR, and hyper-sensitive awareness to this should've been one of the main focuses of their agenda.

I don't see many posts here about how Sony is an ethical company, I certainly haven't said that. I believe my first statement of was that their intentions were obviously ambiguous.

My issue is talent. Even if EVERYTHING Microsoft had to display was downstairs, any account executive worth their salt that caught wind of that would've said, "Oh no, it ain't that easy friend....you're getting an xbox too! Why?!?!?! So you can trade in that free playstation in a few months to buy xbox games lol. Just kidding, hope you enjoy your playstation and xbox kid, enjoy the show!"

Saying what they said is where my issue lies. And IF Microsoft actually makes a statement about this, it will be an apology, and a free xbox one. Anything else would be suicide.

They dropped the ball.

They didn't drop the ball, they catered to as many players as they could. The upstairs booths are temporary, no way known wheelchair access could be made to either of the sony or ms upstairs section. Sony though went the lock off an element of users role, while ms made their stall open to everyone.

The guys who were handicapped, and were given free ps4s seem to be as much fanboys as anyone ive seen. They completely bullcrapped about their own story to influence peoples ideas on what went down.

When you walked or wheelchaired over to MS section you are greeted by dozens of xbox one consoles all playable at anytime you wanted. Only TWO games were upstairs like i said. MS catered to a big audience in anyway they could. The upstairs section was a scaffold based temporary spot.

So these handicapped players, who claim "MS said tough" basically with the same setup, are exaggerating for effect. The setup was no way the same at all. If they wanted to play xbox one they COULD HAVE, but they claimed in their posts they were told they couldn't. If anyone here doesn't realize how much that reeks of fanboyism they are simply being ignorant.

Should they give a console to players just because they cant play two games, despite being able to experience the xbox one fully throughout the day? As compared to Sony who locked off all their ps4 access to upstairs that you couldn't play at all if in a wheelchair?

No.
---
NinendoID- Grey-Armada .... psn- armada66 .... xbl- greyarmada....3ds-0345-0608-4393
#144QuinnandGoblinPosted 10/7/2013 5:55:58 PM
AJKirchner88 posted...
The Xbox could have still benefited from this PR. The xbox rep should have run up to that guy and said something like "We've mistakenly cut you off from testing Titanfall and DR3, so like Sony, we'll be giving you those GAMES for free as an apology.'

XBox would have won out here, they get the same general PR, but they don't have to hand out full systems, just two games. And with those two free games, that man will have to actually buy the XBox1 if he wants to use them.

Sony was in the wrong and covering their butts, but Xbox could have taken advantage of it.

Finally someone with a brain.

Yes you are right, they coulda said, well, guys, you can't play DR3 or TITANFALL so we will give you a voucher for each.

But in no way known should MS have felt the need to give them a console when there were so many playable right in front of them to try.

Having seen the original handicapped posters post, they actually bullcrapped and said MS told them they can't play the system as it was all upstairs...... ummm NO.

Were they blind too? Did they ignore the heaps and heaps of forza 5 and killer instinct stations right in front of them lol?
---
NinendoID- Grey-Armada .... psn- armada66 .... xbl- greyarmada....3ds-0345-0608-4393
#145CapwnDPosted 10/7/2013 6:04:31 PM(edited)
Wow, typical of Sony Fanboys to embellish a story and try to make Sony look like God and MS look bad. Make.Believe and all that.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#146TestaALTPosted 10/7/2013 6:02:42 PM
$400 for a great news story.

Well played, Sony. Well played.
#147KismayazPosted 10/7/2013 6:18:58 PM
JohnHalo343 posted...
How patronizing, they're giving him a pity machine. I would have spat in the Sony Rep's face that told me that and asked my Microsoft friends to help me up the stairs to the Xbox One console.

Really?

"YOU" were TRYING to play a PS3, but then turned down a free one and asked your "Microsoft" friends to help you get to the Xbox?

That doesn't even make any sense.
---
3DS FC: 1607-2440-5712
#148Drain_BeadPosted 10/7/2013 6:49:31 PM
QuinnandGoblin posted...
So these handicapped players, who claim "MS said tough" basically with the same setup, are exaggerating for effect.

Thatís just it. Thereís no way to know. Maybe the Microsoft rep was the most polite person in the building and the story IS exaggerated, thatís largely irrelevant. We do know however, what they did not do (respectively).

QuinnandGoblin posted...
The setup was no way the same at all. If they wanted to play xbox one they COULD HAVE, but they claimed in their posts they were told they couldn't. If anyone here doesn't realize how much that reeks of fanboyism they are simply being ignorant.

It does seem as though he suggests he was cut off from a large part of the convention. Iíll agree that after reading first hand accounts and an event guide clearly informing this person of the limitations, that it sounds like fanboyism, but again, irrelevant to the point....fanboys are everywhere.

QuinnandGoblin posted...
Should they give a console to players just because they cant play two games, despite being able to experience the xbox one fully throughout the day? As compared to Sony who locked off all their ps4 access to upstairs that you couldn't play at all if in a wheelchair?

No.

Clearly the answer is yes. If they had one game up there (which they did), they are just as guilty. They donít get to choose what games they believe this dude wanted to play, or should play once he got there. Microsoft and Sony and the event coordinator are all guilty.

Besides, if Microsoft wouldíve been aware of this before the event, had a legitimate concern for the disabled, and planned accordingly, then why were there ANY games up there, and why the heck didnít they outshine Sony when the problem arose?

Again, itís completely naÔve to think thereís no possibility this particular Sony rep might not have had less than pure intentions. Itís also naÔve to think this Microsoft rep wasnít outclassed by the Sony rep.

Itís completely objective to think dang Microsoft, you know youíre kinda under fire right now right?

I stick to my guns, there was a lack of talent on the frontlines for Microsoft. I have however, changed my opinion about the person who wrote this story. He shouldíve known better, and didnít deserve anything really.

I would gain an enormous amount of respect for Microsoft if they released a statement saying,

"We did offer xyz and the truth here has been exaggerated. As a matter of fact, we are so offended by these accusations, that anyone with a disability will receive a 10% discount for exactly 30 days after release. We also offer our apologies to Mr. xyz for the misunderstanding, and hope his ill will towards Microsoft is now thwarted. We have no further comment regarding this issue. Scratch that, we're gonna give him a wheelchair too"...or something to that effect.

That my friends, is talent, and a loose example of how Sony handled it.
#149TeleriumPosted 10/7/2013 6:52:27 PM
Cue the next expo people in wheelchairs showing up in droves, Sony/MS says they have no more consoles to give away, then people rise from their wheelchairs, kick them away and leave muttering about bull****! It only works the first time.
#150QuinnandGoblinPosted 10/7/2013 7:25:03 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you DRAIN, but like AJ said above, ms shouldn't have felt the need to give 4 gamers a console because they couldn't play 2 games.

In saying that, as AJ suggested MS could have been willing to give them a free game each that they couldnt play, but not a console.

Even if those 2 games they wanted to play, this below is taken from their original post which shows how they were willing to embellish their story, shows the extent of their fanboyism to make sony look like heroes vs ms the villains.

"So for myself, and my 3 friends also in wheelchairs. We all are getting free PlayStation 4's!!

The XBox area had the exact same setup and all we were told is "Sorry, it's upstairs, you can't try it" and were sent off. Typical!

Thank you so much Sony! You are so amazing! And thank you EBGames for a great expo

Again, absolute bullcrap that they were spouting, and anyone willing to be objective at all would smell something fishy with that post right there. "Sorry, its upstairs you cant try it and sent off" my ass, ignore the dozens of xbox ones right in front of your eyes, go onto the internet and bs about how you couldnt play the xbox one and how ms turned you away.

Smells fishy because it was. The handicapped user at the base of this has simply embellished the story to make one company look bad vs the other, thats all there is to this story.

To add to that, the users here PMing me claiming i'm a fanboy (sony ones), i own an xbox 360, wii u, ps3, vita, 3ds, and i play my ps3 the most of any console, buying most of my titles off the PSN. This isn't me backing MS up so much as i hate seeing lying players trying to bs about one product vs another while leaving out the real facts.
---