EB Games Expo: Sony gives free PS4s to disabled gamer ; Microsoft "Sorry brah"

#251SilentS89Posted 10/8/2013 3:36:19 AM
TG_Wolf posted...
I was there and saw it.

I also have a suspicion he is related to one of the Sony reps.

Here I thought the Ponies wore the tin foil hats.
#252kaliskonigPosted 10/8/2013 3:40:36 AM
"We were going around the Expo as you do..."

WTF does the disabled kid act like people who don't share his handicap are a different species? lmao.
#253AvalionisPosted 10/8/2013 5:11:37 AM
UnquietSlumbers posted...
More proof that Sony is getting everything right whereas MS is fumbling!

Microsoft's been fumbling since day 1 IMO. charging their players $60 a year to play online doesn't seem right. (yeah, $60 to some is chump change, but not everyone can afford it.)

I've always thought Sony had the better system anyway, so kudos to them, for doing this good deed...shame on Microsoft, for not trying to make it up to the person in question, though frankly I'm not surprised they did that.
#254fretless58Posted 10/8/2013 5:49:58 AM
kaliskonig posted...
"We were going around the Expo as you do..."

WTF does the disabled kid act like people who don't share his handicap are a different species? lmao.

This was in Australia, correct? "As you do" is just something that I've heard a lot of Brits and Aussies say. It doesn't mean anything in regards to how he feels about his disability. Its basically the same as saying "Nothing special going on."
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#255NeoMonkPosted 10/8/2013 10:40:17 AM
Just look at TargettPractice post and tell me this is a community to be proud about...
Disgusting behavior from children is one thing... When you're an adult & act that way...
WOW... just WOW.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#256Drain_BeadPosted 10/8/2013 10:46:27 AM
NeoMonk posted...
Just look at TargettPractice post and tell me this is a community to be proud about...
Disgusting behavior from children is one thing... When you're an adult & act that way...
WOW... just WOW.

I concur.

This needs resaid (sorry for quoting myself):

Drain_Bead posted...
QuinnandGoblin posted...
......... Chances are they went there, asked for a free console cos sony gave them one, ms said sorry we cant do that...

FriedLemon posted...
....... Difference here is Sony decided to compensate the disabled for their lack of foresight in construction while MS didn't offer anything.........

These are probably the 2 key statements here for me.

One one hand, if he did, then Id prolly stick a stick in his spokes the greedy little liar. I mean what nerve. Absolutely no way to know though, and would be irrelevant to me if I were an xbox one advocate.

On the other hand Id say yep, and if thats how it went down then Id probably ask that cool ass Sony rep to get a beer with me. Im sure Id still drink if I was in a wheel chair.

If this wouldve happened the other way around, being a playstation fan and all, this would have been my first post:

The intentions of the Sony rep are up for interpretation. We dont know how it was actually played out. However, if the Sony rep did somehow disrespectfully snub this person like that, and it wasnt a misunderstanding, then I am completely disappointed and unimpressed...or something similar.

Point is, I wouldnt have made accusations of untruths, or initially tried to come to his defense in any way. I would have merely said I was disappointed as a consumer, and analyze the facts as they developed. Albeit, there's not much to develop here imo.

So for the xbox fans who said something like that....you win.

Everyone else acting like the portrayed MS rep should get a mirror, just sayin.
#257ORANGE666Posted 10/8/2013 2:57:27 PM
You're comparing a Japanese company to an American one. Japanese are known for being humble, Americans are known to be arrogant. It may or not be true, but that is how the rest of the world looks at both countries
#258supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 9:31:45 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
You're comparing a Japanese company to an American one. Japanese are known for being humble, Americans are known to be arrogant. It may or not be true, but that is how the rest of the world looks at both countries

The Sony rep was Australian. I assume the MS one was too.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"