All foliage in Xbox One & PS4 ACIV: Black Flag has physics...interesting

#1zerooo0Posted 10/7/2013 9:40:38 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/all-foliage-in-xbox-one-ps4-aciv-black-flag-has-physics-6415385

Ive started paying attention to all the details now in my game(This is really making me appreciate GTAV on 360) so congrats Ubisoft you oficially have my attention on AC4.

Still going to space out the games so I dont experience a drought like the Wii U did this year so this looks to be a Christmas purchase for me.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2khardboredPosted 10/7/2013 9:46:48 AM
I am with you TC. I really, really, really love jungle settings in my games. I played the starting area, Tortage, in Age of Conan over and over again just to enjoy how insanely beautiful it was on max.

AC4 is shaping up to be just absolutely perfect for me, especially when I have my shiny new Xbox One!
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3SteelToothPosted 10/7/2013 9:50:45 AM
I'm really excited to see side by side shots for AC4 to actually see the differences between the two. Doesn't Ubi have a deal with Sony of some sort (they always seem to have an exclusive component)?

Anyhoo, everything I've seen about AC4 makes it seem like an amazing introduction to the next gen.

Regarding GTA V, it is a techical marvel with what Rockstar did, but I can't help to think every time I play that the game should have came out in November on the new consoles because there is so much detail that the machine has a hard time playing catch up (pop ins, jaggies, GTA Online, etc.)

I'm not bithcing about it because it truly is impressive, but it's one of those minor quibbles. If they *do* optimize and release on next gen, I may double dip (especially with GTA Online).
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#4Orange_ApplesPosted 10/7/2013 9:51:42 AM
foliage is one of the things I have been disappointed in over the past 2 gens. They can make buildings and artificial structures in game just fine, but anything organic doesn't feel alive. It is like we haven't gotten past N64 plant life since player models just clip right through them or the plants make up the invisible walls of the map.

That's one of the things I was disappointed to see in the BF4 footage. Player just walks through a small tree like it isn't even there.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:52:21 AM
khardbored posted...
I am with you TC. I really, really, really love jungle settings in my games. I played the starting area, Tortage, in Age of Conan over and over again just to enjoy how insanely beautiful it was on max.

AC4 is shaping up to be just absolutely perfect for me, especially when I have my shiny new Xbox One!

I just love looking for(& Appreciating) the little details developers put in the game.

My friends think its silly, but its what keeps me gaming. I love looking for the tiny details of any setting in the environment. Just adds that special touch to it.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#6Hucast9Posted 10/7/2013 10:41:26 AM
khardbored posted...

Same here, and i'm really looking forward to Assassin's Creed 4 as well. I played AC 3 a few months ago, and I absolutely loved the naval battles. AC 4 looks to have even more naval battle content, which is a major plus for me.
#7MrImpatient35Posted 10/7/2013 11:21:26 AM
It's a weird thing to complain about, but my friend hates how games can look so gorgeous next gen, but still have horrible foliage lol. I told him that this game has great foliage physics, and he wont believe me. It really does though!
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#8zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 12:15:47 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/videos/15-minutes-of-exclusive-open-world-piracy-with-assassins-creed-6415400/

Hey guys here's 15 minutes of new gameplay that Gamespot just posted.

I'm really proud of Ubisoft Marketing for this, I said I would never buy an AC game after AC3 but this looks like I could give it one last try by Christmas.
---
#9torres007Posted 10/7/2013 4:09:23 PM
You should see the PC version of Crysis 3
---
Torres man get a sig.