headset question.

#1kenpachi99Posted 10/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
I was toying with the idea of using a headset to get more immersion with my games can I use the headset that comes in the box or do I need another headset? I am asking this because I have a headset with a mic for my xbox 360 but I can only hear in game chat in the headphones. That being said it may be something simple that causes me to hit my head on the wall when someone tells me about it. Can someone please help me with this?
---
SSBB FC: 1462-5913-8004
XBL/PSN/nintendo ID: hairlessraiden
#2micheal82Posted 10/7/2013 11:16:38 AM
For in game audio you will need to get another headset. The pack-in headset is only for voice chat. A decent pair for the X1 can cost from about $100-$200.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#3WestSdeNleVrusPosted 10/7/2013 11:21:25 AM
You will also need to buy an additional attachment to use any of those headphones.....
#4CapwnDPosted 10/7/2013 11:24:43 AM
The headsets that come with the consoles are for chat only.

I would highly recommend a gaming headset if you do voice chat in online games. How much you spend depends on how high of quality you want.

You can start at about $50 for something like X12 on the Xbox 360, I'm not sure what the Xbox One is going to use. You can spend up to about $400 if you want the best of the best.

The cheaper models (under $120 or so) will not be surround sound. You'll still get some directional sound effect, but it's only a 2 channel input. The better setups (which tend to run over $120) use Toslink optical can are 6 channels sound (5.1).

That said, if you do get the cheap headphones, you can get almost the same effect by going to game settings (look in audio settings for every game you play) and change the sound output to "headphone" if they have that option. If you have the better gaming headset with surround sound, You should not pick "headphones", and instead choose "home theater" or "surround sound" or "5.1"
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5capnhowdy18Posted 10/7/2013 11:28:40 AM
If your getting some for the Xbox one, wait. The current models will require an adaptor to use with the new controller and there is no news on when that will be released. Most of the major brands will likely have a Xbox One compatible headset out by Christmas.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/capnhowdy64
#6kenpachi99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 11:44:53 AM
would a Turtle Beach XC 1 work for a 360 or is that a chat only headset?
---
#7CapwnDPosted 10/7/2013 12:41:35 PM(edited)
XC1 is chat only, and it would need an adapter to work with the xbox one.

I was very disappointed with the XC1. I prefer the official MS headset over that one.

Is it safe to assume that you are looking for better voice quality? Or your'e just looking for more immersion, and you want game sound? Because I have never found a good quality (loud) voice chat headset. That's why I ended up going with gaming headphones instead. So either way, I think Gaming headphones is what you are looking for.
---
#8kenpachi99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 1:52:46 PM
I am just looking for more immersion, can you suggest a good set of gaming headphones at reasonable price?

CapwnD posted...
XC1 is chat only, and it would need an adapter to work with the xbox one.

I was very disappointed with the XC1. I prefer the official MS headset over that one.

Is it safe to assume that you are looking for better voice quality? Or your'e just looking for more immersion, and you want game sound? Because I have never found a good quality (loud) voice chat headset. That's why I ended up going with gaming headphones instead. So either way, I think Gaming headphones is what you are looking for.

---
#9motoraptorPosted 10/7/2013 3:54:50 PM
Turtle Beach is making two headsets for the Xbox One specifically (no adapters or whatever). They are priced at $160 and $100 and both are surround sound ready.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/headsets/xbox-one
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#10CapwnDPosted 10/7/2013 4:36:31 PM(edited)
You could also get the current X12 model for about $50, and also get the adapter.

But I would wait and see how well the adapters work with the new consoles.

The X12 isn't surround sound. But like I said, you could enable "headphones" in some game's audio settings (such as COD and Battlefield) and it would be essentially the same as having the more expensive types of headphones.
---