Titanfall > Super Smash Brothers

#1RebelGameMasterPosted 10/7/2013 1:17:54 PM
Now that the chips have fallen where they have and an undisputable next gen champion has been crowned, let's talk about the runner ups.

I strongly feel that Titanfall will outsell Super Smash. Even if everyone with a Wii U buys it, more people on the Xbox One will buy Titanfall.

Super Smash brawl did to their fan base pretty much what Microsoft did to theirs. SSBBRawl was a travesty. Completely changed from what SSBMelee was. And right now I don't think I can trust Super Smash at all.

Titanfall is a new franchise and I think the replayability will be amazing. Unless SOMEHOW SSB surpasses SSBMelee. It's something that Nintendo has to work hard in if they expect to beat the XboxOne.

Am I right? What do you guys think?
---
:)
#2ilikehamandhaloPosted 10/7/2013 1:20:38 PM
Im a X1 fan but this is a no.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#3jb08045Posted 10/7/2013 1:21:06 PM
You're wrong lmao

Brawl outsold every 369 exclusive.

Thinking Tf will outsell SSB4 is stupid
---
---
Watch me set my 360 on fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iPJKQPSwE
#4sworderPosted 10/7/2013 1:22:17 PM
No

I am looking forward to Titanfall more than any other game and... just no. SSB is the king of multiplayer
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 10/7/2013 1:23:42 PM
first of all they're different genres that cater to different types of gamers

Also, don't underestimate the power of MegaMan. Capcom underestimated the little guy and now look at them: on the brink of becoming the next THQ.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#6ThunderPotatoPosted 10/7/2013 1:24:05 PM
I think Titanfall won't do as well as people believe.
---
Signature.
#7NeoMonkPosted 10/7/2013 1:27:51 PM
Let see... Another shooter... or the only game of it's kind (not including that laughable sony FLAILclone)
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#8GreenMage7Posted 10/7/2013 1:38:30 PM(edited)
The Wii U doesn't have the install base to support Brawl numbers. On top of that, the Wii U version of Brawl will almost definitely compete with it's 3DS version for sales. I expect the 3DS version to reach Pokemon levels+ since everyone needs a copy to play multiplayer.

That said, I still don't think Titanfall will sell that much. The Xbox One install base won't be big enough either and has to compete with a superior PC version.

Edit: Just to clarify this if for Wii U Brawl and Xbox One Titanfall. If you combine every version and it's just game vs game it gets a lot cloudier.
#9Dannyson97Posted 10/7/2013 1:40:06 PM
The Xbox one will only be available in 13 countries at launch, and 22 by 2014. It's being heavily marketed as a American console, and the rest of the world isn't as forgiving as America to Microsoft's anti-consumer policies. Being available in 22 countries seriously limits the consoles chances. While Sony and Nintendo will have the whole world. Also Smash 4 is going to be faster like Melee, improving on where brawl failed.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#10eyeofcorePosted 10/7/2013 1:47:40 PM
Titanfall is basically a COD with different looks... It is nothing special and it will bore people faster than a good fighter, yes the Wii U fanbase is not huge though it will rise as heavy hitters arrive and doubtful that Titanfall on Xbox One would outsell Smash Bros U since Wii U has the advantage for being 1 year out so there are 4 million Wii U... Xbox One will need time to catch up.
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.