Titanfall > Super Smash Brothers

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Titanfall > Super Smash Brothers
2 years ago#1
Now that the chips have fallen where they have and an undisputable next gen champion has been crowned, let's talk about the runner ups.

I strongly feel that Titanfall will outsell Super Smash. Even if everyone with a Wii U buys it, more people on the Xbox One will buy Titanfall.

Super Smash brawl did to their fan base pretty much what Microsoft did to theirs. SSBBRawl was a travesty. Completely changed from what SSBMelee was. And right now I don't think I can trust Super Smash at all.

Titanfall is a new franchise and I think the replayability will be amazing. Unless SOMEHOW SSB surpasses SSBMelee. It's something that Nintendo has to work hard in if they expect to beat the XboxOne.

Am I right? What do you guys think?
2 years ago#2
Im a X1 fan but this is a no.
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
2 years ago#3
You're wrong lmao

Brawl outsold every 369 exclusive.

Thinking Tf will outsell SSB4 is stupid
Watch me set my 360 on fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iPJKQPSwE
2 years ago#4

I am looking forward to Titanfall more than any other game and... just no. SSB is the king of multiplayer
2 years ago#5
first of all they're different genres that cater to different types of gamers

Also, don't underestimate the power of MegaMan. Capcom underestimated the little guy and now look at them: on the brink of becoming the next THQ.
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
2 years ago#6
I think Titanfall won't do as well as people believe.
2 years ago#7
Let see... Another shooter... or the only game of it's kind (not including that laughable sony FLAILclone)
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
2 years ago#8
The Wii U doesn't have the install base to support Brawl numbers. On top of that, the Wii U version of Brawl will almost definitely compete with it's 3DS version for sales. I expect the 3DS version to reach Pokemon levels+ since everyone needs a copy to play multiplayer.

That said, I still don't think Titanfall will sell that much. The Xbox One install base won't be big enough either and has to compete with a superior PC version.

Edit: Just to clarify this if for Wii U Brawl and Xbox One Titanfall. If you combine every version and it's just game vs game it gets a lot cloudier.
2 years ago#9
The Xbox one will only be available in 13 countries at launch, and 22 by 2014. It's being heavily marketed as a American console, and the rest of the world isn't as forgiving as America to Microsoft's anti-consumer policies. Being available in 22 countries seriously limits the consoles chances. While Sony and Nintendo will have the whole world. Also Smash 4 is going to be faster like Melee, improving on where brawl failed.
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
2 years ago#10
Titanfall is basically a COD with different looks... It is nothing special and it will bore people faster than a good fighter, yes the Wii U fanbase is not huge though it will rise as heavy hitters arrive and doubtful that Titanfall on Xbox One would outsell Smash Bros U since Wii U has the advantage for being 1 year out so there are 4 million Wii U... Xbox One will need time to catch up.
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Titanfall > Super Smash Brothers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived