question about Xbox One and Windows 8

#1Demigod_ElessarPosted 10/7/2013 1:40:32 PM
I haven't really heard anything about this, so figured I'd ask here.

Is the Xbox One gonna have access to games/apps that are solely on Windows 8?

For example: Halo Spartan Assault.

I have been wanting to play this game for awhile now (along with a few other Windows 8 specific games/apps), and have contemplated whether I should sell my Windows 7 laptop and go for a Windows 8 laptop.

But if the Xbox One (which I plan on getting) has access to these Windows 8 specific programs, then I don't have to go that far.

So, has anything been said about whether or not the Xbox One will support Windows 8 or their apps/games?
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#2crynryanPosted 10/7/2013 2:20:12 PM
There'll have to be a version made for the Xbox. You might as well just get W8 for your current laptop (unless it's really old).
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#3chareyPosted 10/7/2013 3:50:52 PM
crynryan posted...
There'll have to be a version made for the Xbox. You might as well just get W8 for your current laptop (unless it's really old).
No stick with windows 7, from my experience it's the better OS having used both.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#4TheRealPhattyJPosted 10/7/2013 3:59:42 PM
charey posted...
crynryan posted...
No stick with windows 7, from my experience it's the better OS having used both.

and there are still a lot of programs/drivers that don't work with 8. especially if you work in music and use .vst effects...