How would you explain to a PS3 friend why you prefer Xbox One over PS4?

#1Jedi_WraithPosted 10/7/2013 12:44:14 PM
Topic

I have had a few friends on PS3 get really mad because I said I'm more hyped for Xbox One than PS4. At one point I wrote in my PS3 comment "Xbox One owns PS4" because I wasn't worshipping the PS4 and because I'm not camping outside a game store to be first in line to buy a PS4.

Long story short, what facts can I use to explain legit reasons why I prefer Xbox One without looking like a blind fanboy?

I was called a blind fanboy before because I didn't care about the restrictions the Xbox One had at first and I'm not one of those gamers who wears an aluminum foil hat that fears the Kinect.

My friends said that Xbox One will not have backwards compatibility and PS4 and he kept saying things like Xbox doesn't own a lot of developers and kept mentioning exclusive titles too and the funniest part was is he tried to use "Plus is better than Gold" jab....I'm sorry but from my personal experience MS treats Gold customers better than Plus treats PS customers and when I moved and didn't renew my Gold, MS didn't lock the free things Gold gives while PS Plus locks ll free games if you don't resubscribe.

People say "PS has more developers and exclusives" but I keep saying its a matter of quality over quantity.

Sorry to vent like this, and since I'm going to wait for Halo and Destiny to buy the Xbox One then that should help prove I'm not fanboy-ing for Xbox.

If Xbox One has Blu-Ray and [maybe] backwards compatibility then that's all I need to know, I haven't been keeping up with the pending Xbox One changes but if PS4 will be backwards compatible then I'm sure Xbox One will have backwards compatibility too.

I'm sure those of you who owns both Xbox 360 and PS3 too has had at least one friend that won't leave you alone or really eggs on a one sided debate that doesn't end well too, huh?
---
"If you died from falling off of a high ledge, it was probably your own fault" - Duke Nukem Forever
#2NeoMonkPosted 10/7/2013 12:45:50 PM
The same way you came out to your parents, loud & proud.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#3IronSasquatchPosted 10/7/2013 12:47:43 PM
Long story short, what facts can I use to explain legit reasons why I prefer Xbox One without looking like a blind fanboy?

Stopped reading here. You probably can't argue with facts. Almost everyone who is buying one or the other is basing their decision on their own bias and personal opinions. You included. People can point out the "facts" that make each system better, but in the end, it's going to be the console they like better, from the company they like better, that has the exclusives they want to play.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#4zephirrainesPosted 10/7/2013 12:47:50 PM
Simple. It has more exclusives and you dont get free online any more so might as well pay for the better service.
#5Gamerz_FantasyPosted 10/7/2013 12:47:52 PM
NeoMonk posted...
The same way you came out to your parents, loud & proud.
#6JohnHalo343Posted 10/7/2013 12:48:39 PM
Ditch them and trade up for better friends. If they are getting PS4, then they aren't the type of people that make good friends in the first place.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#7LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/7/2013 12:48:40 PM
Simple. Tell them about all of Kinect's features and what MS's goals for the system are. Just run on MS' s record and you can't lose.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#8Pupu27Posted 10/7/2013 12:48:47 PM
You don't need to explain anything. You made a right decision and your friends are clearly Ponies. Logic and facts won't convince them.
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
#9DIVINExFABLEPosted 10/7/2013 12:50:34 PM
Neither have backwards comparability as far as I know.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#10sworderPosted 10/7/2013 12:50:39 PM
Jedi_Wraith posted...
People say "PS has more developers and exclusives" but I keep saying its a matter of quality over quantity.

But Sony has both in spades

In any case, I don't see why you're arguing with them. You get what you want and they get what they want. You're not gonna convince him otherwise. The people that want a PS4 are convinced they have both the better hardware and the better games for a cheaper price. Anything you can say about the Xbox won't really matter