For those getting an X1.Why are you getting it & will you get 2 consoles?

#1zerooo0Posted 10/7/2013 12:45:02 PM
I'm getting the X1 mainly because the Xbox 360 has been a great console to me this gen. I wasn't going to get the X1 during all the DRM stuff & MS terrible PR campaign, but since the reversals I will give them another shot since I use my 360 90% of my gaming time while the PS3 gets mainly the exclusives.

I also enjoy Halo & Forza more than say any of Sony exclusives and can say I have personally enjoyed every Halo game that I played.(Halo Reach, CE:A, 4 & 3 bought in that order) Halo & the controller is a major factor as to why I'm sticking with MS for the early years at least of this new gen & Halo 5 will make the console easily worth it next year. 60FPS & Dedicated Servers for it has me very excited & I'm interested to see on how/if they will increase/big the player count is?

I plan on going X1/PS4 that way I'm not restricted to potential 3rd party disasters like say Skyrim on the PS3 for example, & it gives me access to Sony's exclusives which I enjoy some of them.

I don't care what console ya are getting but I highly recommend getting at least 2 consoles from whoever ya like the best rather that be Sony/Nintendo, MS/Sony, MS/Nintendo, etc. It's definitely worth it if you game a lot.

I may go Steambox/X1 this gen also if that is priced competitively and if it takes off. If the specs & the price are in my sweet spot.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2zephirrainesPosted 10/7/2013 12:49:00 PM
Better games and better features. Ill get a ps4 when they get more exclusives.
#3slyman19Posted 10/7/2013 1:09:07 PM
I'm getting an Xbox One due to $ony abandoning the Vita. It's such an amazing system and ticks me off that $ony never really gave it a chance. I hope to never have to another $ony product again after that mess.
#4triple sPosted 10/7/2013 1:12:33 PM
The over all features are more appealing, I prefer Xbox Live to PSN and the launch window of games look better. I still hope to get a PS4 in the next few months. Plus it's always easier to get the more expensive on first.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#5regsantotomasPosted 10/7/2013 1:12:55 PM
I already have the Wii U and getting an Xbox One at launch. I will also get a PS4 though no longer at launch.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 1:15:21 PM
regsantotomas posted...
I already have the Wii U and getting an Xbox One at launch. I will also get a PS4 though no longer at launch.

Wish I had the time/money for it:(

Being a poor college student sadly prevents it though. I will barely have enough time for 2 lol.But it will be good for when I get out of College by then the PS4 will have a huge library of games for me to catch up on.

Dang though I'm Class of 2017........well lets see what I can create in Project Spark that could take me 3 yrs to make lol.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#7torres007Posted 10/7/2013 1:28:47 PM
Spent $2k building a PC in the summer. Bought the wind waker Wii U last week.
Have both next gen consoles preordered.

Adult life is good I haven't had this much free time since high school and I work opposite hours of my gf so I have a lot of time for gaming and the gym.
---
Torres man get a sig.
#8BudWisenheimerPosted 10/7/2013 1:45:29 PM
regsantotomas posted...

Yeah I'm right on the edge of cancelling my PS4 pre-order too. But my buddies and I are still holding out hope for Driveclub. Otherwise I might just wait for Infamous reviews and maybe pick one up then. What was the deciding factor for you?
#9micheal82Posted 10/7/2013 2:15:57 PM
I'm getting an Xbox One because there are games that I enjoy that are coming out for it, like Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, Titanfall and Killer Instinct. I prefer the Xbox controller over the PS controller, as well as Live over PSN. Also I'm interested in seeing what Kinect can bring to gaming.

I'm also getting the PS4 and I have a WiiU. For the most part I'm playing multi-platform games on the X1 and exclusives on the PS4 and WiiU. Not having kids leaves me with a lot of free time and the time to enjoy my games.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#10pigman2003Posted 10/7/2013 2:17:15 PM
I'm not going to be that guy who says you need to own every system to be a true gamer, but for me I want access to every game.

The Xbox One lineup of games is incredible, the best first year line up that I've ever seen, a mix of huge new IPs like Titanfall, Ryse, Quantum break, and Sunset Overdrive, mixed with highly anticipated sequels like Dead Rising 3, Halo 5 and Fable legends.

Everyone says the Xbox One is a cable box and the PS4 is for true gamers and yet the Xbox One has all the games and unless true gamers only play indie games and free to plays, people getting only a PS4 are going to have to wait awhile until they can get a bunch of next gen games.

I play games, the Xbox One has the most next gen exclusive games, therefore I'm getting an Xbox One, it isn't complicated.

As for the PS4, I wouldn't even consider getting it until Infamous comes out and my very small interest in Killzone would immediately disappear because Titanfall comes out around then as well.
And I hate to attack a company but I'd rather give Sony some time to hammer out their online issues, they are terrible with that stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of worries for Microsoft, they have been far from perfect with the Xbox one but it comes down to games.