For those getting an X1.Why are you getting it & will you get 2 consoles?

#11MrImpatient35Posted 10/7/2013 3:20:13 PM
zephirraines posted...
Better games and better features. Ill get a ps4 when they get more exclusives.

I'm buying X1 for many reasons. One of them including Dead Rising 3. I'll consider buying a PS4 when they have games I want.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#12motoraptorPosted 10/7/2013 3:58:22 PM
It's going to be the same as this gen, the 360 was #1 for online community (not quality). It was, and is, the multiplayer machine that all my friends still use. My PS3 is currently sitting in the living room serving as the family netflix box. I only play exclusives on it but the last exclusive I picked up was Uncharted 3...
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#13Samfu303Posted 10/7/2013 4:01:24 PM
I'm getting it because I prefer the games, controller, and online service. I am also planning to build a high tier gaming pc too, so I don't care about the supposed better hardware on the ps4 because my PC will be so much better than it.
---
Not Changing Sig until the Golden State Warriors win a 2nd NBA Championship. (Started July 14th 2011)
#14regsantotomasPosted 10/7/2013 4:20:18 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
regsantotomas posted...
I already have the Wii U and getting an Xbox One at launch. I will also get a PS4 though no longer at launch.

Yeah I'm right on the edge of cancelling my PS4 pre-order too. But my buddies and I are still holding out hope for Driveclub. Otherwise I might just wait for Infamous reviews and maybe pick one up then. What was the deciding factor for you?

TGS

I was really hoping for a few titles that I could maybe import to supplant the indie titles at launch. At the end of the day, I couldn't rationalize getting one on launch day based on the titles available. I am definitely going to get one to play games like inFamous.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#15ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/7/2013 4:23:53 PM
Getting the XB1 mainly for exclusives. Maybe the online servers too, but otherwise, not much else. I wouldn't want to run the risk of potentially missing out on a great game. Plus, I really like Forza.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#16zephirrainesPosted 10/7/2013 5:25:35 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
regsantotomas posted...
I already have the Wii U and getting an Xbox One at launch. I will also get a PS4 though no longer at launch.

Yeah I'm right on the edge of cancelling my PS4 pre-order too. But my buddies and I are still holding out hope for Driveclub. Otherwise I might just wait for Infamous reviews and maybe pick one up then. What was the deciding factor for you?

I am waiting on my ps4 too. Big infamous fan but they lack the replay value to justify a system in my book.

To be honest the ps4 that still interests me the most is deep down.
#17BudWisenheimerPosted 10/7/2013 7:44:02 PM
regsantotomas posted...
TGS

I was really hoping for a few titles that I could maybe import to supplant the indie titles at launch. At the end of the day, I couldn't rationalize getting one on launch day based on the titles available. I am definitely going to get one to play games like inFamous.

zephirraines posted...
I am waiting on my ps4 too. Big infamous fan but they lack the replay value to justify a system in my book.

To be honest the ps4 that still interests me the most is deep down.

I'll probably poll my Friends Lists at the beginning of November and see what the story is. I assume I'll be playing mostly single-player games on PS4 and multi-player games on Xbone. But if I hear the majority of my XBL people are switching to PS4 then I'll keep the pre-order. Otherwise I just don't really see the point in trying to squeeze in 1 or 2 PS4 games while I'm playing 6-7 Xbone launch games. Peggle 2 alone is going to eat up a lot of free time.

And really ... if all I have to do is say "Xbox on" to fire up the entire home theater and then "Play Dead Rising 3" then I'm going to be really spoiled when it comes time to power on the PS4. Not because of the effort involved in playing a PS4 game. But because the Kinectbox makes the old status quo less so.

On the other hand I might one day be spoiled by Sony's exclusive art teams and hardware like I was this gen. So I guess that's the trade off.
#18leftwich7Posted 10/7/2013 10:19:42 PM
Battlefield 4, Forza 5, Ryse, Loco Cycle, and Killer Instinct are games I must have at launch. No PS4 exclusives at launch cater to me. This is why im getting an X1.
---
Call me T.D. Jakes, because I'll lay hands on you in this Madden. All are welcome to receive this Salvation.
#192ndAtomiskPosted 10/7/2013 10:29:37 PM
I'm getting an Xbox One first, but eventually I'll have both. Xbox just feels right to me if that makes sense. Truthfully I'm not as into JRPGs and the like as I was back in the day. And I'd rather play games like Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age and what have you on Xbox.

Still debating on whether I want a Wii U or not.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#20zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 10:49:21 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
I'm getting an Xbox One first, but eventually I'll have both. Xbox just feels right to me if that makes sense. Truthfully I'm not as into JRPGs and the like as I was back in the day. And I'd rather play games like Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age and what have you on Xbox.

Still debating on whether I want a Wii U or not.

Yea, I'm with you. I'm not a big JRPG fan so it's not as important for me to get a PS4 right away for the must have JRPG's & I would think that JRPG's wont start picking up steam for the PS4 at least until say 2015?

I'm still a little undecided on the Wii U, it just seems like one of those consoles that Nintendo took a few steps forward, but a few steps back also...like not including an Ethernet port in the dang console. It still baffles my mind as to why Nintendo left it out when the PS3/360 had it. The only 2 games that could really make me want a Wii U is Fire Emblem & Super Smash Bros but the question remains would those 2 games justify the price of a system? That's obviously to be seen with 2014-2015.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.