So let me get this straight...

#11dejavu1982Posted 10/7/2013 7:06:08 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
A "Requires One Time Internet Connection" sticker on the box alleviates any confusion. If someone misses it, it's on them not MS.

Problem solved.
#12GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:42:28 PM
I searched and there is no proof that Microsoft will put a warning label (like it's a pack of cigarettes, pathetic) on the Xbox One box.

Even if they do, people notoriously ignore that stuff. Clueless parents and grandparents who buy on Black Friday and into December (of whom there will be many) will not be pleased and it's all due to Microsoft's greed and ineptitude.
#13PhilipVanLukePosted 10/7/2013 9:30:16 PM
This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen, there is so much goddamn fanboy crybaby bashing on this forum is not even worth being here anymore, and I have been coming to gfaqs for 10 years at least.

it doesn't matter if the patch is the entire OS or a single byte that removes the "DRM" it wouldn't work without the internet on day one either way. the patch is to remove the daily check in requirement. so lets say you didn't have internet. if you don't have the 1 byte patch, your system isn't going to work, because its gonna want you to check in, because the check in requirement is in place. as soon as you connect to the internet to check in, BOOM you have the day one patch, and you don't gotta check in anymore.

so this whole infantile fanboy "its the entire OS so fail..." argument doesn't hold any water at all.

if you don't have the patch, you gotta check in to play, and as soon as you do, you have the day one patch. I don't see what's so confusing about this.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Legendary Fenix
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/PhilipVanLuke/Setup.jpg
#14FoppePosted 10/7/2013 10:23:38 PM
Another solution is to wait with buying the console until they either ship games with the update or until they ship units that's already patched.
I guess that's the only positive thing about living in a place that officially wont see the console this year.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#15RyuuHou25Posted 10/7/2013 10:59:27 PM
PhilipVanLuke posted...
This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen, there is so much goddamn fanboy crybaby bashing on this forum is not even worth being here anymore, and I have been coming to gfaqs for 10 years at least.

it doesn't matter if the patch is the entire OS or a single byte that removes the "DRM" it wouldn't work without the internet on day one either way. the patch is to remove the daily check in requirement. so lets say you didn't have internet. if you don't have the 1 byte patch, your system isn't going to work, because its gonna want you to check in, because the check in requirement is in place. as soon as you connect to the internet to check in, BOOM you have the day one patch, and you don't gotta check in anymore.

so this whole infantile fanboy "its the entire OS so fail..." argument doesn't hold any water at all.

if you don't have the patch, you gotta check in to play, and as soon as you do, you have the day one patch. I don't see what's so confusing about this.

Yeah, let's say you don't have it, but as soon as you connect, you'll be fine.

SMH and serious *face palm* at this post. And in the same post, he's bashing others for being ridiculous, which just makes it worse. Good lord.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#16NeoMonkPosted 10/7/2013 11:43:33 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
A "Requires One Time Internet Connection" sticker on the box alleviates any confusion. If someone misses it, it's on them not MS.

Problem solved.

Informing the consumer? MICROSOFT? Don't make us laugh child!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#17MasteroftheArtsPosted 10/8/2013 12:04:45 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
I searched and there is no proof that Microsoft will put a warning label (like it's a pack of cigarettes, pathetic) on the Xbox One box.

Yes, because when I think Xbox One, I think a pack of cigarettes. /roll

GalvatronType_R posted...
Even if they do, people notoriously ignore that stuff. Clueless parents and grandparents who buy on Black Friday and into December (of whom there will be many) will not be pleased and it's all due to Microsoft's greed and ineptitude.

Yep. It's Microsoft's greed and ineptitude that stupid parents and grandparents didn't bother doing a cursory search to learn about a $500 gift for their child/grandchild.

God, you're desperate for any ammunition to attack Microsoft.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#18AwayFromHerePosted 10/8/2013 12:11:08 AM
Nintendo didn't do a good job of informing people what the Wii-U is, and it suffered because of it.

You blame Nintendo for that.

Microsoft doesn't do a good a good job of informing people about the XBOne, and you blame the consumer for that?

Bulls***.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#19FoppePosted 10/8/2013 12:21:32 AM
It's not the companies job to prevent stupidity.
Even if they filled the box with warnings, people would still miss it and then whine about it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#20GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 6:15:17 AM
Again why should they rely on consumers educating themselves about their products? If they had just gotten this right in the first place or include an update disk in the box, this wouldn't be an issue.

Instead they tried to implement draconian policies that treated as their customers like thieves and now they have an enormous problem on their hands at launch forcing customers to update the OS online (whether they have broadband or not) or else their box has no functionality at all.