So exactly how much better is Xbone then the 360?

#11eyeofcorePosted 10/8/2013 11:12:57 AM
3 Cores 40 Stage 3.2Ghz Pipeline 1MB Cache L2 45nm vs 8 cores 16 stage pipeline 1.6Ghz 4MB Cache L2 28nm
(shorter pipeline means more efficient and faster, more cache means more things can be done on CPU)
2 cores Games 1 core Audio vs 6 cores Games DSP for audio 2 cores for OS
512MB GDDR3(384mb for games) high latency vs 8Gb DDR3(4.5Gb for games) very low latency less stressful for CPU/games
10MB eDRAM vs 32MB eSRAM
240Gflops GPU(216Gflops for games) vs 1400Gflops GPU(1240Gflops for games)
DirectX 9 Shader Model 2.0 vs DirectX 11.2 Shader Model 5.0
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#12khardboredPosted 10/8/2013 11:13:48 AM
Savage, the hardware begs to differ. People are assuming that because the GPU/RAM are not identical to what the PS4 offers, then that means they are the worst. They are still very, very capable specs and the gameplay we've seen thus far supports that.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#13violentdissmayPosted 10/8/2013 11:20:10 AM
SavageTrooper posted...
khardbored posted...
ill-thoughts posted...
same xbox....now with blu ray capabilities.

Do you care to tell us all how, despite the Bluray, it is the same as the current 360?
Hmm?

Actually it's not the same, Microsoft is focusing the Xbox One more towards TV, and advertisements more than gaming.

So what you're saying is, it's the same?
---
It's not good fences that make good neighbors. It's deceased neighbors that make good neighbors. - Rat
#14SavageTrooperPosted 10/8/2013 11:23:52 AM
khardbored posted...
Savage, the hardware begs to differ. People are assuming that because the GPU/RAM are not identical to what the PS4 offers, then that means they are the worst. They are still very, very capable specs and the gameplay we've seen thus far supports that.

I dunno about that, if the specs are capable, why is Forza the only game thats 1080p? Why is a simple fighting game like KI only 720p? If the specs are capable, why did it take so long to see BF4 running on it when we have seen PS4 running it back at Gamescom? Yet Microsoft and EA have a partnership. I think I'll wait on the Xbox One till i see why i should pay more for inferior hardware.
#15SavageTrooperPosted 10/8/2013 11:25:56 AM
violentdissmay posted...
SavageTrooper posted...
khardbored posted...
ill-thoughts posted...
same xbox....now with blu ray capabilities.

Do you care to tell us all how, despite the Bluray, it is the same as the current 360?
Hmm?

Actually it's not the same, Microsoft is focusing the Xbox One more towards TV, and advertisements more than gaming.

So what you're saying is, it's the same?

Haha, maybe. Seemed like Microsoft had more focus on games when it came to the 360. With the Xbox One, they heavily focused on TV and ads.
#16bigarsebits1Posted 10/10/2013 3:45:57 PM
Not here to bash on the XBOne, but I can't believe in this day and age a remake of Killer Instinct is even considered a system anchor in any way. Of course this is my opinion, but seems like the more I speak with others, they agree with me. Killer Instinct was a decent game back when, but hardly anything I'd ever care at all about in the next wave. Mortal Kombat, Tekken X Capcom, Street Fighter 4, etc have created quite a glut in fighting games - I wonder how KI will stack up ?

Just an observation by a Multi-System Owner...
#17MrImpatient35Posted 10/10/2013 3:50:51 PM
I think good examples of the leap from X360 to X1 would be in Dead Rising 3 and The Witcher 3. 2 games that I couldn't imagine being done on X360. DR3 because there are SO MANY zombies on screen at once, with so much happening, and Witcher because there's no way X360 could have a world that big, while keeping good graphics. That is usually how it works this gen. The bigger the world, the worse the graphics.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#18SunDevil77Posted 10/10/2013 3:51:34 PM
On a scale of Bruce Willis to John Wayne, I'd say Jeff Goldblum
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#19JusticeSwordPosted 10/10/2013 4:10:13 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
On a scale of Bruce Willis to John Wayne, I'd say Jeff Goldblum

Oh you've been trolling here since day 1, its at least a Val Kilmers worth of difference, if we were setting the marks between Mel Gibson & Patrick Stewart.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#20crynryanPosted 10/10/2013 4:15:52 PM
The 360 has 3 cores, with each core having 2 threads. 2 of those threads were locked away from Indie devs (people who used XNA) for system purposes (like the Guide and audio), and 4 were available for use.

I have no idea how many threads each core in the Xbone has, but even if each core only has one thread, that's still twice as many threads as the 360.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?