I like both Playstation and Xbox, but Xbox One is doing things better

#1TerraUniversePosted 10/7/2013 6:55:04 PM
I don't understand the fanboyism that can surround consoles, but I think both consoles have their ups and downs and both consoles have great games. As a gamer you're missing out if you don't get all consoles, including the Wii U.

Yeah, the restricted used games policy was a setback, but Microsoft corrected that and I give them credit for that. I think I prefer the Xbox One over the PS4, for a variety of reasons:

1) Xbox One has way more exclusives.

Once again, Sony is doing the same thing that they did with the PS3. They're releasing a console, but they don't have that many exclusive launch games.

Xbox One has: Titanfall, Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, D4 (Japanese-developed game), Dead Rising 3, Fable Legends, Forza Motorsport 5, Minecraft Xbox One Edition, Quantum Break, Ryse: Son of Rome and Sunset Drive (I like this one).

Lots of big open world exclusive Xbox One games.

2) Xbox One has a great controller.

Microsoft spent over $100 million on R&D for the Xbox One controller and it looks excellent. It has impulse triggers, which make shooters and racing games awesome. It has a smaller thumbstick and anyone that plays on the Xbox controller knows how they are catered towards precision.

3) Xbox One installs games.

Has there been word about PS4's installation process? Microsoft has already said that every single game will install on the console. That means the disc drive will not be used and the console will be quieter. If PS4 doesn't have a way to completely install the discs, then that right there is a disadvantage. The Xbox 360 already allows for complete installation of games and for most games, this means faster load times and better performance.

4) Xbox One has Kinect.

As much as people berate the Kinect, it is actually a good thing to have, and I support Microsoft's decision to put it into every console. This is going to bring more unity within the Kinect ecosystem. It will also help garner Kinect game development. More people will be willing to try out new Kinect games, if they already have a Kinect. This means they will be able to come out with Kinect-exclusive games, and Kinect really is cool, but it hasn't had the opportunity to showcase all of the things you can do with it. Kinect will definitely be a hit with families. Microsoft can snag exclusive deals with developers, and since it's something that EVERY Xbox One console has, the market is unlimited. We could have a runaway Kinect hit. Families and little kids are going to love it. With Sony deciding to take away their motion-sensing technology, they've essentially gotten out of the race. Nobody is going to go out of their way to buy Sony's peripheral. Maybe Sony should have kept their motion-sensing thing. That's an entire market Sony walked away from.

5) Xbox One is already beginning to get the Japanese developers.

The Xbox 360 did an excellent job courting Japanese developers and bringing out great Japanese RPG's and other unique titles. In fact, I think the best JRPG's and Japanese games were on the Xbox 360. We're starting to see hints of this with D4, which is an exclusive Xbox One game being made by a Japanese developer. If Microsoft can get another Lost Odyssey 2 or something, Microsoft can once again make magic happen. Microsoft is just more willing to try new things. I've noticed that Playstation tries to be more Western and focus their games on Western tastes, and this means that Microsoft goes ahead and makes gorgeous and super Japanese games. Of course, Playstation will still have Japanese games (like they already do), but Microsoft deserves credit for commissioning quality Japanese games with the Xbox 360.

I'm not saying Playstation 4 is not a great console, because it is. It's going to have great games and great exclusives. Still Microsoft, always goes the extra mile and covers their bases really well. They're just more willing to experiment and try new things. It's worth looking at the Xbox One.
#2clo24Posted 10/7/2013 7:00:22 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
As a gamer you're missing out if you don't get all consoles, including the Wii U.

I stopped reading there
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/7/2013 7:01:07 PM
Ugh. Yet another poster who thinks his opinions are facts. Shame.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#4XBOXvsPCPosted 10/7/2013 7:01:21 PM
That's it buddy, see ya online
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#5Sevi_neyPosted 10/7/2013 7:01:23 PM
Thanks for nothing, again

Shill
---
You will see us everywhere, even in your nightmares...
http://i.imgur.com/Y97KtJD.jpg
#6sworderPosted 10/7/2013 7:03:38 PM(edited)
Not installing games that can take up to 50GB is a disadvantage?

Good luck having to purchase a 2TB HDD just to fill it up in a year or 2
#7MasteroftheArtsPosted 10/7/2013 7:06:10 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...

Except he never said that his opinions are facts, but thanks for playing.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#8NeroXVPosted 10/7/2013 7:06:46 PM
TerraUniverse posted...

5) Xbox One is already beginning to get the Japanese developers.

The Xbox 360 did an excellent job courting Japanese developers and bringing out great Japanese RPG's and other unique titles. In fact, I think the best JRPG's and Japanese games were on the Xbox 360. We're starting to see hints of this with D4, which is an exclusive Xbox One game being made by a Japanese developer. If Microsoft can get another Lost Odyssey 2 or something, Microsoft can once again make magic happen. Microsoft is just more willing to try new things. I've noticed that Playstation tries to be more Western and focus their games on Western tastes, and this means that Microsoft goes ahead and makes gorgeous and super Japanese games. Of course, Playstation will still have Japanese games (like they already do), but Microsoft deserves credit for commissioning quality Japanese games with the Xbox 360.

I'm not saying Playstation 4 is not a great console, because it is. It's going to have great games and great exclusives. Still Microsoft, always goes the extra mile and covers their bases really well. They're just more willing to experiment and try new things. It's worth looking at the Xbox One.

Lmao if you want to play japanese games you play playstation no hardcore jrpg fan would get an xbox in their right mind.Xbox had like 1 or 2 mediocre jrpg games. While playstation had many like Tales chronicles, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia 2, Demon Souls, KH 1.5, WKC1&2,Disgaea 3&4.. The list goes on... the xbox does not deserve credit for commisioning any quality japanese games considering they weren't first party...
---
Official Keyblade of the KH3 Boards!!!
#9Recluse01Posted 10/7/2013 7:07:37 PM
I think over time the kinect is going to be worth it. Hopefully developers start adding in small motion or voice based things to enhance series I've been playing for years. Not sure I'd play a game that is built completely around the kinect though.

Something as small as switching between fire modes in an AC130-like killstreak in CoD by using a voice command, IMO would be cool. Yes it's easy to tap the D-pad with my thumb, but the less I move my fingers from the sticks the better.

Or aiming at a target and saying "spot", to highlight something I want someone else to hit while they're in a AC-130.
#10ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/7/2013 7:12:13 PM(edited)
MasteroftheArts posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

Except he never said that his opinions are facts, but thanks for playing.

Of course, because everyone tries to prove the quality of something by stating their opinion, right?

"Hey Jerry, this car is best!"

"Why's that?"

"It's red! Red is my favorite color."

Nope, doesn't make sense. Any time someone defends a claim, it is implied that their arguments/evidence are meant to be factual. Why don't YOU try again.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.