I like both Playstation and Xbox, but Xbox One is doing things better
I think over time the kinect is going to be worth it. Hopefully developers start adding in small motion or voice based things to enhance series I've been playing for years. Not sure I'd play a game that is built completely around the kinect though.
I don't expect Kinect to ever be big on Call of Duty or any mainstream game that is for core gamers. If anything, I think Kinect will probably optional for most of these games, just like it was for Mass Effect 3 or Forza Horizon, where the Kinect functionality is completely optional.
I'm talking about Kinect-exclusive games. As in, they don't use the controller at all and it's a game completely built around Kinect. I'll admit, I don't think a lot of games will be this way, but I do think a lot of interesting games, like Child of Eden or Rise of Nightmares, will come along and those can be cool. Like I said, I think developers can get really creative and create a unique game experience, with a complex world that uses motion-sensing completely.
At the end of the day, though, Kinect is better suited for certain game types, like dance games, which Kinect will continue to dominate, and dance games are very popular. However, maybe a developer will create something complex, yet completely Kinect, that works well.
I wouldn't mind having a slightly inferior version of the game if it means i don't have to wait a year until i actually play it.
SharkPowah posted...Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
Some people can be patient.
They only switched that because the pre-orders were really really low, not because the people were complaining.
Eat....the MEAT....Of JUSTICE
1) Well, I don't think I listed every single Xbox One exclusive games, just the main ones. I didn't list the "Xbox Live" games or indie games.
Out of the games you listed"
Deep Down - is free-to-play, which makes me think it might be like Xbox One's Killer Instinct game. It's unclear if it's going to be a full-on RPG or an MMO, but what is clear is that it's not a traditional RPG like Final Fantasy games or Dragon's Dogma, which I think is what most people were expecting.
Drive Club - Yeah, that looks good.
A lot of the other games you listed seem to be games that a lot of people don't know about. It's hard to get people excited about it. Also is the Yakuza game coming to America? We have yet to hear about that. I'm curious to see if a lot of people will be interested in getting these "unique" PS4 exclusive games. They sound good to me, but they seem a little niche and mysterious. They lack the force of Titanfall, which is a competitive shooter or Sunset Overdrive which is a wacky shooter.
2) I'm sure the impulse triggers are optional.
3) It doesn't matter if you have to wait to install every game, if it helps improve the gameplay. Like I said, the Xbox 360 already does this and you can install the entire games already. PS4 should consider doing it.
4) I agree, and that's why I think it's good to have the Kinect. So that families can play it too. I know the games have been simplistic, but if there's a wider audience, the gameplay could become more complex and more quality titles can be made. That's the difference between the Xbox 360 Kinect and the Xbox One Kinect.
5) I didn't say PS4 isn't getting any Japanese supporter, but I do think Xbox One will probably get exclusive ones and they'll PAY millions to make compelling and gorgeous games, that will be exclusive to the Xbox One. If you pay an artist to make you a beautiful painting, they'll happily make it, if you're paying them a lot of money. If Microsoft can pay a lot of money to a developer, the developer will create a beautiful Japanese game that has wide appeal. I don't know that Sony necessarily does this. A lot of the Sony exclusive Japanese games are games that are made FOR Japanese people that are just ported to America. Mostly it's NIS or Atlus or Sega that is doing this. Microsoft goes out of their way to make unique games just for them.
TerraUniverse posted...As a gamer you're missing out if you don't get all consoles, including the Wii U.
I'm sorry but SSB and Pikmin are reason enough alone to get the console. Not even going to mention other awesome games.
I doubt Yakuza will come to America because Sega sucks these days, but would be amazing if it did.
Still waiting to see what happens with Persona 5
Exclusives- most of those are launch window, not launch and a few of them will most likely be timed exclusives. As well as a few of the launch titles being...well underwhelming to be gentle. Sony has 49 launch window titles, MS has 29. That number is excluding Japanese imports and vita games that can be played with VTV. Sony has much better exclusives, this is a pretty wel understood fact at this point.
Controller- PS4 also has a great controller and by what most people are saying who have had hands in time with both, the DS4 is vthe better of the two. The DS4 has a lot of upgrades and unique features, it's been completely redesigned while X1 controller is almost exactly the Same as the previous 360 controller.
Install- I don't see how that can be considered a good thing. Mandatory installs was one of the worst things about PS3 and it was flamed for doing that. PS4 does not mandatory install. Also, it runs very quiet. So there is no point here.
Kinect/PSEye- the Kinect being bundled with the system is in no way a good thing. I'm not going tvo list off the reasons asto why it isn't but it doesn't change the fact that majority of the gamers and consumers out there don't want or care for the Kinect- or any motion control- so Sony making it optional is nt missing out on a market as that market hardly even exists. I can go on about this one but that could o on forever.
Japanese support- yes MS did have a few good Japanese games but that's about it. The Xbox One is dead in the water in Japan and Sony,being a Japanese company has much more support and consumer/ developer interest there. Again, I'm not going to go on all day about this but saying MS is doing anything right with the Japanese side of the industry and/or winning in any way over there is just flat out wrong.
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...SharkPowah posted...Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
lol i guess they can.
I'll address your points individually.
Point 1; The ps4 actually has way more exclusives in its first year than XB1
Point 2 The dualshock 4 is receiving massive praise from blacklight retribution devs & battlefield 4 devs, & thats just the fps guys, even more from other genres sing its praises, as well as gaming journalism sites
Point 3 The ps4 does full installs now, but can also play from the disc, & also can play digital titles, AS they download
Point 4 The ps4 not focusing on motion controls via a kinect like feature hasnt exactly hindered it this gen, & the majority of gamers seem to not really care about kinect games
Point 5 Yeah so the X1 is receiving some JP support eh? Sony receives support from the most devs in europe & japan, with just as much NA support as the X1.
Just playing devils advocate, & I cant sleep >_>
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
Add user to Ignore List after reporting