I like both Playstation and Xbox, but Xbox One is doing things better

#41GiannyBoy0924Posted 10/8/2013 4:35:41 AM
TerraUniverse posted...
1) Xbox One has way more exclusives.

I really should have stopped reading here. But I didn't.

2) Xbox One has a great controller.

Sony has put massive improvements into the DS4, making it a top contender. Plus, the headphone jack feature alone makes the controller better than the X1 in my opinion.

3) Xbox One installs games.

PS4 installs games.

4) Xbox One has Kinect.

No. Just no. Kinect has been a proven failure in the past, no one wants it. Motion gaming will never happen, but yet MS still finds a reason to force you to pay $100 more for it.

5) Xbox One is already beginning to get the Japanese developers.

You're going to bring in Japanese developers into this? Xbox doesn't even have a release date for Japan, whereas the PS4 sold out within minutes of preorders launching there. Everyone knows that if they want JRPGs, PS4 is the console to have.

TC, I would suggest looking over some of your points.
---
"People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow... Too soon?"
-Ellie
#42Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/8/2013 4:49:04 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Ugh. Yet another poster who thinks his opinions are facts. Shame.

You should learn to read as the OP clearly stated:

I think I prefer the Xbox One over the PS4, for a variety of reasons:
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#43SharkPowahPosted 10/9/2013 5:18:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44BudWisenheimerPosted 10/9/2013 5:25:53 PM
SharkPowah posted...

PS4 can instantly play games that aren't installed. This trumps what Xbox One does. PS4 can instantly play DOWNLOAD games before they are installed to.

Both consoles have mandatory installs. Both consoles can play while installing from disc or download.

Orange_Apples posted...
They are not. Installs are mandatory because of how the console was originally going to work. The XB1 is not designed to read games from the disk.

No the mandatory installs on both consoles is due to Blu-ray disc-read speeds being inferior to HDD read speeds. Nothing else.

JusticeSword posted...
Point 3 The ps4 does full installs now, but can also play from the disc, & also can play digital titles, AS they download

PS4 cannot play games from the disc.

TerraUniverse posted...
If PS4 does allow full installs that is great.

PS4 requires full installs.
#45labountiPosted 10/9/2013 5:36:21 PM
Stopped reading after first reason. The system isn't out and no one has played every game extensively to make any claim about something being better.
#46Pixx0Posted 10/9/2013 7:53:31 PM
Reassurance topic #651517788

MS would be proud of you TC
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#47youngskillzPosted 10/9/2013 8:14:46 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
SharkPowah posted...

PS4 can instantly play games that aren't installed. This trumps what Xbox One does. PS4 can instantly play DOWNLOAD games before they are installed to.

Both consoles have mandatory installs. Both consoles can play while installing from disc or download.

Orange_Apples posted...
They are not. Installs are mandatory because of how the console was originally going to work. The XB1 is not designed to read games from the disk.

No the mandatory installs on both consoles is due to Blu-ray disc-read speeds being inferior to HDD read speeds. Nothing else.

JusticeSword posted...
Point 3 The ps4 does full installs now, but can also play from the disc, & also can play digital titles, AS they download

PS4 cannot play games from the disc.

TerraUniverse posted...
If PS4 does allow full installs that is great.

PS4 requires full installs.

please show some links where it says this about the ps4 having mandatory installs.

if anything i'm pretty sure the xbone is the console which has mandatory installs an doesn't play off disc.

someone clear this up with a credible source.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#48khardboredPosted 10/9/2013 8:23:36 PM
Similar to the Xbox One, a 500GB hard drive has been chosen for internal storage - not exactly surprising bearing in mind that these units currently offer the best value in terms of gigs per /$. However, the difference is that as with the PlayStation 3 the unit can be replaced with any hard drive of your choosing (and presumably that includes SSDs too). There's a point of deviation with Xbox One here, as the hard drive in the Microsoft console is not user-replaceable. Here, the additional USB ports are used for external devices that boost overall system storage capacity. Bearing in mind that the Blu-ray drive on both systems gives up to 50GB of potential storage for games and that installation is mandatory on both consoles, that hard drive could fill up very, very quickly.

---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#49MrImpatient35Posted 10/9/2013 8:41:43 PM
I think the games in the launch window is what sold me on X1. A lot of them look awesome.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#50redeyes6778Posted 10/9/2013 9:50:40 PM
1) Xbox One has way more exclusives.

Xbox One has: Titanfall, Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, D4 (Japanese-developed game), Dead Rising 3, Fable Legends, Forza Motorsport 5, Minecraft Xbox One Edition, Quantum Break, Ryse: Son of Rome and Sunset Drive (I like this one).

Minecraft, Titanfall are also on PC thus not exclusives, Fable always sucked since fable 1

2) Xbox One has a great controller.

That's your personal preference, then DS3 is way better in my opinion

Becaues xbox consoles are notorious for destroying discs, thus this option is needed

4) Xbox One has Kinect.

Because casuals can't wait to play crappy party games that they can already do on their wii

5) Xbox One is already beginning to get the Japanese developers.

LOL