I like both Playstation and Xbox, but Xbox One is doing things better

#51suzukimatsuiPosted 10/9/2013 10:24:19 PM
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
NeroXV posted...
TerraUniverse posted...

5) Xbox One is already beginning to get the Japanese developers.

The Xbox 360 did an excellent job courting Japanese developers and bringing out great Japanese RPG's and other unique titles. In fact, I think the best JRPG's and Japanese games were on the Xbox 360. We're starting to see hints of this with D4, which is an exclusive Xbox One game being made by a Japanese developer. If Microsoft can get another Lost Odyssey 2 or something, Microsoft can once again make magic happen. Microsoft is just more willing to try new things. I've noticed that Playstation tries to be more Western and focus their games on Western tastes, and this means that Microsoft goes ahead and makes gorgeous and super Japanese games. Of course, Playstation will still have Japanese games (like they already do), but Microsoft deserves credit for commissioning quality Japanese games with the Xbox 360.

I'm not saying Playstation 4 is not a great console, because it is. It's going to have great games and great exclusives. Still Microsoft, always goes the extra mile and covers their bases really well. They're just more willing to experiment and try new things. It's worth looking at the Xbox One.

Lmao if you want to play japanese games you play playstation no hardcore jrpg fan would get an xbox in their right mind.Xbox had like 1 or 2 mediocre jrpg games. While playstation had many like Tales chronicles, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia 2, Demon Souls, KH 1.5, WKC1&2,Disgaea 3&4.. The list goes on... the xbox does not deserve credit for commisioning any quality japanese games considering they weren't first party...

Lost Odyssey > most of that trash you listed. Lets not forget that Star Ocean 4 was a timed exclusive to the 360 for an entire year Lets not forget that Xb1 will be getting KH3 and FF15. What JRPG's does PS have to offer that are worthwhile that the xbox doesn't also have?

WKC was okay from what i heard, the rest you listed are not serious JRPG's in my opinion. Demon souls being the only exception, but even the souls series eventually came to 360 as well. I'm pretty sure it will be coming to the xb1 too.

Lol. If you think Lost Odessey is better than what was listed then you really have no clue what good jrpgs are. There have been way more quality jrpgs on the ps3 than the 360, its just a plain fact. Sure KH3 and FF15 will be coming on the bone but those won't be the best console version as well as the fact that they will not sell nearly as well compared to the PS4 versions.
#52James_4ortPosted 10/9/2013 10:30:13 PM
youngskillz posted...

please show some links where it says this about the ps4 having mandatory installs.

if anything i'm pretty sure the xbone is the console which has mandatory installs an doesn't play off disc.

someone clear this up with a credible source.

No source bc this isn't a thing on ps4. Ps4 acts the same as ps3, but with the option for full downloads as well.

The xbox one has a cheap blu ray drive, and they want all games to run from the HDD only.

Ps4 has a 6x blu ray drive, and some games may require a small buffer download (just like ps3 games / ~1.5 GB)
---
~House of Red Leaves~
Let no1 misguide you. The true hearted will fall to the glory of eternity, and as the darkness arrises the light within will shine true
#53ukokira1Posted 10/9/2013 10:31:26 PM
And?

The exclusives for Sony will rise after launch

while the ONE exclusives will drop.

Going by their past consoles.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#54OandA_PestPosted 10/9/2013 10:53:21 PM
heuvadeuce posted...
How come no one points the finger at guys like sharkpowah and shouts "SHILL!"?

Because he is raising legitimate points and facts.

But just wait until Chrish909 and Zephirraines get here.
---
Proud Pest. Opie and Anthony on MTV: Beavant and Butt-Hughes! http://cheezburger.com/7838669568
#55MicooliscoolPosted 10/9/2013 11:01:38 PM
- Exclusives are personal choice - although Ps4 has more exclusives in number, the Xbox has exclusives that interest me.
- I found the Xbox controller to be much more comfortable, like the 360s it fits in the hands nicely and the triggers and dpad are amazing. the Ps4 controller was ok but wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked - you fingers need to bend quite a bit to hit the shoulder buttons.
- installing games is pretty even, although it makes the game run better and you don't even need to wait to play the game after it installs, it won't take long before the storage is filled
- kinect is also personal, although I have no interest in using kinect only games, other features such as the voice recognition may be quite good for general use
- ps4 will easily have the better Japanese games and developers, but again, this is personal as to whether you like their games or not
#56suzukimatsuiPosted 10/9/2013 11:06:25 PM
James_4ort posted...
youngskillz posted...

please show some links where it says this about the ps4 having mandatory installs.

if anything i'm pretty sure the xbone is the console which has mandatory installs an doesn't play off disc.

someone clear this up with a credible source.

No source bc this isn't a thing on ps4. Ps4 acts the same as ps3, but with the option for full downloads as well.

The xbox one has a cheap blu ray drive, and they want all games to run from the HDD only.

Ps4 has a 6x blu ray drive, and some games may require a small buffer download (just like ps3 games / ~1.5 GB)

Nope you can do a full install for full games on the internal hdd

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/08/can-fully-install-ps4-games-onto-hard-drive/

No external hdd install though
#57IzecPosted 10/9/2013 11:07:09 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
I don't understand the fanboyism that can surround consoles, but I think both consoles have their ups and downs and both consoles have great games. As a gamer you're missing out if you don't get all consoles, including the Wii U.

The money I spend getting an Xbone and Wii U could be spent on like 13 full price PS4 games. Either way I'm missing out on something, money ain't infinite.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#58WTFNightmarePosted 10/9/2013 11:11:50 PM
clo24 posted...
TerraUniverse posted...
As a gamer you're missing out if you don't get all consoles, including the Wii U.

I stopped reading there

No u didn't
---
I'll Teach You Fear
#59youngskillzPosted 10/10/2013 8:30:55 AM
yeah so i'm pretty sure i read that yoshida or some sony boss said you can play ps4 games off disc an don't need to install the game, installs are optional.

i also remember reading that the xbone will have mandatory full installs and cannot play off disc without installation first.

is this correct? i think so.

just looking to shut up all the non sense.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#60EvilScythePosted 10/11/2013 10:26:14 AM
Whole pile of PS4 defenders here. Nothing interesting to talk about on the PS4 board?

Pathetic.