Play and charge vs. rechargeable AA batteries

#1DIVINExFABLEPosted 10/7/2013 7:55:24 PM
Any idea on which I should get?
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#2NewMoonShadowPosted 10/7/2013 7:57:35 PM
AA's are cheaper.

But you can use the Play and Charge while you're playing, and it's easier to use... so it's more convenient that way.

It's up to you, really.
#3BudWisenheimerPosted 10/7/2013 8:01:33 PM
Rechargeable AA batteries can be used in any AA device so that might make them more useful to you over time. But I also see giant packs of AA alkaline batteries for dirt cheap in the big box stores pretty often. Just make sure you dispose of them properly.
#4SharkPowahPosted 10/7/2013 8:09:15 PM
They have the "same" life span before both start to stop working.

If you're a real gamer Play and Charge will be 100 times more convenient.

If you play it 1-2 times a week, rechargeable batteries will be more useful.
#5NotCeoPosted 10/7/2013 8:23:33 PM
The best way to go is having a few sets of Eneloops, or other quality rechargeables. Just have at least one pair charged and ready to go at all times, and as soon as your current pair starts getting low just switch them out. IMO that's a better way to go than having a battery pack or built in battery.

Dell frequently has an Eneloop bundle (charger, 8 AA, 4 AAA) on sale for ~$26 on sale in Canada, don't know what your best option would be elsewhere.
#6capnhowdy18Posted 10/7/2013 8:33:50 PM
I like AAA. All of my play and charge for the 360 sucked. I had the station and the one side stopped working. The batteries must have been bad cause they stopped holding a charge far to early. That being the only big difference between the two on Xbox one are this.

Play and charge - data goes thru the wire when plugged in and thus works wirless and on PC.

AA recharge - can use for other things.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/capnhowdy64
#7NotCeoPosted 10/7/2013 8:39:43 PM
capnhowdy18 posted...
I like AAA. All of my play and charge for the 360 sucked. I had the station and the one side stopped working. The batteries must have been bad cause they stopped holding a charge far to early. That being the only big difference between the two on Xbox one are this.

Play and charge - data goes thru the wire when plugged in and thus works wirless and on PC.

AA recharge - can use for other things.

The charging cable doesn't handle data, so no, it cannot be used on a PC using the charging cable.
#8KomradKielbasaPosted 10/7/2013 8:50:29 PM
SharkPowah posted...

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Cookie for you.
---
Eat....the MEAT....Of JUSTICE
#9sworderPosted 10/7/2013 8:56:44 PM
Get the rechargeable batteries, screw Microsoft trying to get more money out of you

The play n charge kit is not any more convenient than you connecting your controller via some USB you have lying around
#10Cowboy082288Posted 10/7/2013 8:59:25 PM
KomradKielbasa posted...
SharkPowah posted...

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Cookie for you.

I got to disagree with this. Recharge batts mean that if batteries get low I pop them out, switch them in the charging dock with the already charged batteries. Put those charged batteries in and I'm back to playing on my couch.

Play and charge means I have to leave my couch, set a chair closer to my TV and now play with a wired controller. I find this more inconvenient.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni