First Diablo III. Then Agent. Now Injustice

#61Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/8/2013 3:03:41 PM
quickposter posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Due to PS4's horrible early lineup, porting last gen games is easy money because they readily overshadow most new gen content on PS4. Simply put, that stuff won't even compete on XB1. Why is it "the most powerful console" is mired in Indie games and last gen ports?

The fact that pre-orders for Killzone are higher then every X1 exclusive combined suggests the market disagrees that there is better exclusive content on the system.
either that, or kz is the only bright color sony put in their crayon box.
#62EastCoastKodyPosted 10/8/2013 3:05:07 PM
when did amazon pre-order #'s become concrete cash money sales figures???
#63Kosmo240985Posted 10/8/2013 3:06:46 PM
imjustdatnice posted...
Isn't Microsoft taking a loss on the Xbox one at launch. The console itself might not be, but when you count the Kinect being bundled in and almost costing as much as the Xbox 1 only 500 bucks seems to low for a profit unless they both cost about $250 a piece to make.

yes they are. but it's not as big as you'd expect.

also in Q2 of this year sony netted 35 million in profit while microsoft netted 4.06 billion.

so i'm sure they are fine.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#64imjustdatnicePosted 10/8/2013 3:11:22 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...
imjustdatnice posted...
Isn't Microsoft taking a loss on the Xbox one at launch. The console itself might not be, but when you count the Kinect being bundled in and almost costing as much as the Xbox 1 only 500 bucks seems to low for a profit unless they both cost about $250 a piece to make.

also in Q2 of this year sony netted 35 million in profit while microsoft netted 4.06 billion.

Thanks for the answer. And Dag didn't know that about the profit numbers. As long as they both don't go under I'll be happy because then I won't miss out on any next gen games. (Already got a Wii u)
#65khardboredPosted 10/8/2013 3:20:16 PM(edited)
A lot of people who run in the money circles thinks that Sony should just bail on all things electronics. They have no stake in their success or failure but feel that if the PS4 should fail, it could very well bring Sony to it's knees. I don't believe this myself. The bulk of Sonys money, something like 63% comes from other, none beep bop boop stuff. A console failing in and of itself is one thing but the wave of repercussions will cut them deep. Their electronics half has lost over 8 billion dollars.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#66WereshovelPosted 10/8/2013 4:01:06 PM
If Xbox 1 is the Xbox 3? what Is the xbox 1?
#67mike468Posted 10/8/2013 4:18:45 PM(edited)
I haven't seen anything specific about Injustice not being on the XBO. I think NRS is just evaluating the hardware. It's probably easier for developers to do a straight port of a current gen game to PS4. All those stupid frame rate threads proved that.

Even if it doesn't make it to the XBO, It's no loss IMO. I love fighting games and played injustice. i also played an early build of Killer Instinct and I feel KI is a better game. It's considerably easier to pick up over Injustice and the tournament community is probably dying on the game anyway. Too many bugs an and BS.

quickposter posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Due to PS4's horrible early lineup, porting last gen games is easy money because they readily overshadow most new gen content on PS4. Simply put, that stuff won't even compete on XB1. Why is it "the most powerful console" is mired in Indie games and last gen ports?

The fact that pre-orders for Killzone are higher then every X1 exclusive combined suggests the market disagrees that there is better exclusive content on the system.

No it's the fact that it is the only decent exclusive game for the PS4.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#68HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/8/2013 4:26:52 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...
imjustdatnice posted...

Naturlich. Xbox to MS is like fantasy football. Theres no actual consequences.

Xbone being always online was the result of Ballmer *double* daring Mattrick to do it. As a joke.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg