So now that the Policies have changed...which is the better system?

#1kaliskonigPosted 10/8/2013 4:26:42 AM
Just looking for some unbiased facts. Between the PS4 and One, which system is better?
like which is more powerful. Which offers the most features. Does the One compensate with it's power and features since it has a bigger price tag? I dismissed the XBONE due to it having all that DRM crap or whatever but now I'm willing to add the system to my line up again. I always end up with all systems and plain to buy both. Both have a crappy launch line up imo so I am interested in the console that has the most features outside of games.
#2Jedi454Posted 10/8/2013 4:41:48 AM
There is no "better" system, there is YOUR preferred system.
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#3crawdadPosted 10/8/2013 4:43:26 AM
Jedi454 posted...
There is no "better" system, there is YOUR preferred system.

Only after the policy change do I agree with this.

I was either going to give up on console gaming or buy a PS4 until MS reversed everything.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#4TargettPracticePosted 10/8/2013 4:43:54 AM
Steam box is the better system. Xbone and ps4 are both equivalent to 4 year old pc's. Policies have nothing to do with it, the technology used to build both of the "next gen" systems are "3 gen old" pc parts.
#5SilentS89Posted 10/8/2013 4:47:08 AM
TargettPractice posted...
Steam box is the better system. Xbone and ps4 are both equivalent to 4 year old pc's. Policies have nothing to do with it, the technology used to build both of the "next gen" systems are "3 gen old" pc parts.

Truth, the specs on the Steam box shame that of the Xbone and PS4.

The cold hard objective specs tell us the Steam box is the superior console.
#6Jedi454Posted 10/8/2013 4:48:10 AM
TargettPractice posted...

The Steam box will have a lot better specs, but I bet you it will be $1500 minimum and it will flop.
---
"One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation, but you did not lose any Karma..." Love it.
#7kaliskonig(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 4:51:58 AM(edited)
by better system I mean which looks better on paper.specs and feature wise. Are both near identical this gen? II really have been unattached towards them because the PS3 and 360 still has plenty of life left.

EDIT: and yes I plan to get a steam box as well once more info is released.
#8TargettPracticePosted 10/8/2013 4:58:53 AM
kaliskonig posted...
by better system I mean which looks better on paper.specs and feature wise. Are both near identical this gen? II really have been unattached towards them because the PS3 and 360 still has plenty of life left.

EDIT: and yes I plan to get a steam box as well once more info is released.

They both look really terrible on paper as far as specs and features go, but ps4 has a slight edge. They're both geared more toward people who want to do things like not play games, but talk to their friends and watch tv shows.
#9crawdadPosted 10/8/2013 5:04:45 AM
Specs are only a third of the picture, the other two parts are architecture and optimisation.

And i can Guarantee that the Steambox won;t have nearly as good optimisation for the same price as the Consoles. Steambox is for people who don't want to console game but Barely know how to build their own PC or can;t afford it.

As far as the consoles go, in terms of specs both are near Identical but most reports are saying that PS4 is slightly stronger. There's a couple of small differences, but nothing Major. For the first few years I wouldn;t be surprised if games on both looked the same until optimisation sinks in.

In terms of features both again are likely to be about the same. Sony seemed to have gone a different route (which they really really needed) to redesign interface, architecure and PSN.

Honestly based on the Buzz, I would say the big things will be exclusives and MSs "Cloud" servers which they seem to be putting a lot of weight on. And Possibly Sony's DS4 Controller. And overall XBL vs PSN.

Not sure what else Sony is offering that will put them ahead or more importantly make them stand out to the consumer. Both require subscription to play online now.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#10quickposterPosted 10/8/2013 5:06:56 AM
PS4. They reversed the policies but they shouldn't have been there in the first place. You don't play with consumer's rights. You deal with it.