Cliffy B so jelly about X1 DRM reversals that he's supporting Steambox now.

#11leatheljPosted 10/8/2013 3:11:05 PM
He has his opnions just like we do he has made great games and I'm sure he is comeing out with more I agree with some of his drm opnions he had some good points imo gamers are scared of change or innovation we all know this people fail to see his opnions logically and just jump on a bandwagon. steam is a great service with tons of drm why not support it you don't mind drm. Gamers are self absorbed and fell like there entitled to something much to often and developers and companies suffer cause of it just look at Microsoft I'm not saying cliff is right in all he said but just had good points. Eventually it will come back to bite us rightfully so and boils down to we know best(company's) vs customer is always right. There needs to be a balance.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#12zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 3:14:52 PM
leathelj posted...
He has his opnions just like we do he has made great games and I'm sure he is comeing out with more I agree with some of his drm opnions he had some good points imo gamers are scared of change or innovation we all know this people fail to see his opnions logically and just jump on a bandwagon. steam is a great service with tons of drm why not support it you don't mind drm. Gamers are self absorbed and fell like there entitled to something much to often and developers and companies suffer cause of it just look at Microsoft I'm not saying cliff is right in all he said but just had good points. Eventually it will come back to bite us rightfully so and boils down to we know best(company's) vs customer is always right. There needs to be a balance.

It's not his opinion as to why people don't take Cliffy B seriously any more it was his tone that he gave off back in the DRM reversals which made him sound like an ***. DRM in theory isn't bad if it's handled like Steam, but MS was making it way more complicated than it should have been. Then you got Cliffy B just hating on anyone that disagreed and when we told him that he should budget his games better he just got his jimmies rustled.

Seriously go Google some of the stuff he said, or Google/Youtube Angry Joe vs Cliffy B. Cliffy B is an *** and he will no longer see any money unless I buy his games used. Since the Used Market does not hurt the industry as hard as he was screaming it to be.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#13leatheljPosted 10/8/2013 3:46:16 PM
zerooo0 posted...
leathelj posted...

It's not his opinion as to why people don't take Cliffy B seriously any more it was his tone that he gave off back in the DRM reversals which made him sound like an ***. DRM in theory isn't bad if it's handled like Steam, but MS was making it way more complicated than it should have been. Then you got Cliffy B just hating on anyone that disagreed and when we told him that he should budget his games better he just got his jimmies rustled.

Seriously go Google some of the stuff he said, or Google/Youtube Angry Joe vs Cliffy B. Cliffy B is an *** and he will no longer see any money unless I buy his games used. Since the Used Market does not hurt the industry as hard as he was screaming it to be.

Cliffy B has been around for a long time in gameing he knows gameing very well that's why I see him diffrently then others i prefer some one like him who has walk the walk and talk the talk he said what was on his mind truthfully not trying to make is sound like PR did he sound like a *ss hole cause of it maybe but gamers do it all the time any way he is justified in doing so people judge so quickly and honestly its unfair that's that gamer entitlement of customer always right logic. Like I said most people don't see his argument logically used games DO hurt developers that's a fact will it be the end of gameing cause of it its possible would drm give back to developers yes it would was ms way the best way maybe not will it return yes it will diffrently will developers like this yes they will cause they know it benefits them. I like cliff I like that he said the things he wanted to and rustle gamers Jimmy's wish more devs spoke what they wanted the way I see it ms takes risk I like that thete not scared of failure I wanted to see what orginal xbox one would bring I was very excited is was so diffrent then the basic ps4 now its not of course. I think cliff is a good guy at heart and loves games and I can't wait to see what he has in the upcomeing future.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#14ilikehamandhaloPosted 10/8/2013 5:15:30 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
s2good posted...
ilikehamandhalo posted...
Hes always been a childish ranting nerd, reminds me of Jaime Kennedy except even more annoying since he thought GoW was the ish when it was mostly boring trash colored grey.

Gears 1 Was the S***

qft

GoW 1 was garbage. Literally everything was grey, the story was average at best, every characters was dull. The only thing it had going for it was a chainsaw gun and thats boring after the first use. THe MP was terrible, the only reason I even finished it was because I played coop with my cousin.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#15SparkItUpPosted 10/8/2013 5:33:01 PM
When was the last time Cliffy B had an opinion that really mattered? After the first Gears of War game?
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#16PsyEdPosted 10/8/2013 5:47:58 PM
Cliffy B is an awesome dude in person. I met him back in UT 99 days and again for GoW 2. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so deal with it....
---
i7 3770k | GTX 690 | 32GB DDR3 | 512GB Samsung SSD Pro | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | NZXT 820 Phantom Case
#17old_school227Posted 10/8/2013 5:53:02 PM
Sorry, i'm legally obligated to post this video in every topic that involves Cliffy B.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2XYf4zI-I4
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#18Ramsus082Posted 10/8/2013 6:13:13 PM
Remember when Cliffy B defended Microsoft's DRM? Then, in a display of fanboyism and nothing else, told us to "just watch" while Sony does the same thing.

Then....Sony did the exact opposite. Cliffy B is the King of the Dudebros, the Michael Bay of video games, and he's a professional fanboy. Or fanboy professional, whatever.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#19Kuebel33Posted 10/8/2013 6:27:45 PM
I don't think either the steam box concept or oculus rift will be as disruptive as he seems to think.

the only people steam box really appeals to is folks who already game on PC. I mean it's not like they are cheap machines...people who normally don't play games on pc aren't going to walk through a store and see one sitting around and go "oh I should get that". Most people who build their rigs will probably continue to do so.

Oculus rift...well I have a friend who has one and I've used it a few times and yes it is cool, but I don't think many people will actually be able to use it without motion sickness or related issues. Actually I think a lot of people will need to use it in like training sessions and gradually build up their tolerance if they want to be able to use it regularly at all. It's 3d, right in your face, and the movement is so fast when you combine the head movements with mouse/keyboard/joystick movements. All that combined and I think it's going to need further work to make it more accessible for many folks.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears, Last of Us, Killer is Dead
#20bob15xPosted 10/8/2013 6:33:24 PM
zerooo0 posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/steam-box-oculus-rift-will-define-next-gen-says-bleszinski-6415432

How I was once a fan of Cliffy B works, but now I just laugh at him whenever he speaks. Shame I used to like him when he was with Epic & did Gears of War, but during the X1 DRM fiasco his true troll like colors showed.

Seriously anyone else remember his childish rants after the DRM reversals? It was really funny to read about.

could your topic be anymore wrong? no where did he say anything about the drm reversals.