Oculus Rift CEO Would Like to See Xbox One Compatibility

#1BS_InfinitePosted 10/8/2013 4:34:11 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15498-Oculus-Rift-CEO-Would-Like-to-See-Xbox-One-Compatibility.html

Kinect 2.0 + Oculus would honestly be a pretty defining moment for the future of gaming. It almost sounds too amazing to be true
---
--
-
#2mrshowtime333Posted 10/8/2013 4:43:59 PM
Dont go the way of Sony , dont try to develop your own VR headset. Just make your system work the best it can with the Rift. No sense in spending time developing a inferior product.
#3kyonurikaPosted 10/8/2013 4:47:41 PM
So you have used the sony vr to know its inferior ? Cool
#4BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 4:51:43 PM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Dont go the way of Sony , dont try to develop your own VR headset. Just make your system work the best it can with the Rift. No sense in spending time developing a inferior product.

Seriously this! MS doesn't need to make their own. The Oculus looks amazing and combining it with the kinect would be heavenly
---
--
-
#5BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 1:20:11 PM
I'm surprised nobody seems very interested. I guess people might just be worried about the initial price of the oculus
---
--
-
#6straymatterPosted 10/9/2013 1:40:08 PM(edited)
BS_Infinite posted...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15498-Oculus-Rift-CEO-Would-Like-to-See-Xbox-One-Compatibility.html

Kinect 2.0 + Oculus would honestly be a pretty defining moment for the future of gaming. It almost sounds too amazing to be true

You put these together and you are 100% virtual!
#7BudWisenheimerPosted 10/9/2013 1:39:52 PM
I think MS would love to make this happen. Even if they already have their own device in the works (wouldn't be surprising if you follow the bread-crumbs all the way back to their experimental '1990s X-wand) they could benefit from testing the market first by joining forces here and now. I know they have a huge milestone coming up next month but I hope they get on this ASAP. Even that crude "Paper-Boy" demo using Oculus+Kinect was enough to convince me.
#8maheo30Posted 10/9/2013 1:40:37 PM
BS_Infinite posted...
I'm surprised nobody seems very interested. I guess people might just be worried about the initial price of the oculus

I'm not interested because that sort of thing makes me physically sick. The articles I've seen from people who have tested it have that same response although for them it is temporary it seems. The more they use it the less the nausea is.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#9CapwnDPosted 10/9/2013 1:42:00 PM
I'm interested but skeptical of the overall enjoyment of the Oculus Rift.

I want one badly, I am still considering getting one of the non-consumer versions (or getting on the list) but I'm not sure how much I would actually use it.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#10chrish909Posted 10/9/2013 1:44:01 PM
Ps vr will be about as popular as the ps move
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.