Oculus Rift CEO Would Like to See Xbox One Compatibility

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 10/9/2013 1:45:57 PM
I'd love to try out that combination. I have a suspicion, though, that I would ultimately have the same issue with it that I have with using kinect as a controller in the first place; lack of tactile feedback.

It sure would be cool to check it out, though.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12M1911A1Posted 10/9/2013 1:48:15 PM
kyonurika posted...
So you have used the sony vr to know its inferior ? Cool

Years later and even with the advance in technology I'm smelling a Virtual Boy 2.0.
#13EJH-SEGAPosted 10/9/2013 2:03:06 PM
Kinect + Oculus = VR in the living room
---
XBL GT is SE6A K1N6 (those are the number "6" not the letter "G" and that is the the number "1" not the letter "I")
#14SunDevil77Posted 10/9/2013 2:03:57 PM
kyonurika posted...
So you have used the sony vr to know its inferior ? Cool

No one can be certain, but Sony hadn't said anything about their VR set until a month or so ago. Sony has a lot on their plate right now, and not a ton of extra investing money.

Oculus has been working on their tech for a long time, has usable demo units, and has the Rift as their first and foremost priority.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#15BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 4:31:26 PM
maheo30 posted...
BS_Infinite posted...
I'm surprised nobody seems very interested. I guess people might just be worried about the initial price of the oculus

I'm not interested because that sort of thing makes me physically sick. The articles I've seen from people who have tested it have that same response although for them it is temporary it seems. The more they use it the less the nausea is.

Yeah I could understand how that might happen since there aren't really borders to what you see. Just curious do you have issues with roller coasters?
---
--
-
#16FriedLemonPosted 10/10/2013 4:33:43 PM
From what I've seen of the Rift it does look pretty cool, but then again Kinect sounded awesome before it came out too. I'm going to reserve my judgement until after these things come out.
#17oasisbeyondPosted 10/10/2013 4:56:57 PM
Oculus Rift + Kinect.... Somebody is gonna get a hurt reallllll bad.
#18sworderPosted 10/10/2013 5:30:48 PM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Dont go the way of Sony , dont try to develop your own VR headset. Just make your system work the best it can with the Rift. No sense in spending time developing a inferior product.

Come on now. Microsoft made Kinect. Oculus Rift needed help from Kickstarter.

If they made their own, it would be far superior
#19Thewinner14Posted 10/10/2013 5:41:19 PM
If anyone is going to bring VR to the living room (or computer desk) it's valve. They've put some weight behind the sixense hydra and are making a few of their games Rift compatible.

Cameras like the Kinect don't have a future as motion control devices, but rather to help augment VR.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#20BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 9:54:24 AM
FriedLemon posted...
From what I've seen of the Rift it does look pretty cool, but then again Kinect sounded awesome before it came out too. I'm going to reserve my judgement until after these things come out.

Well the kinect is getting a huge upgrade this time around
---
--
-